Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Got the neck off, now how do I put it back?

I'm unsure how helpful this will be but Ted Woodford, a luthier in Canada, has what I consider very informative videos showing how he does the work on guitars.
    There are quite a few on neck resets...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

Thanks for sharing, enjoyed them very much.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Your favorite mandolin tuning tips?

Maybe just put a couple of pennies under the legs to raise it a few cents?
  4. Replies
    Views

Acme Bowlback repair

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    First off I hope everyone has a happy and safe Thanksgiving.
    I picked this one up at an estate sale on Saturday. It needs some work and hopefully can be turned back into a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Estate Sale Bowlback

Just did some Google meandering and the consensus is these were made by Stewart and Bauer and sold by Sears in the late 1890's-early 1900's. Jake Wildwood, Bills Banjos and another post on MC all...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Estate Sale Bowlback

Thanks for the research and help Allen.
    The neck joint is good but the neck is bowed some starting at the body joint. Top is good with no caving in at the neck and crack free. There are 2 slight...
  7. Re: Sierra Hull & Sam Bush - Turkey in the Straw Transcription

Thanks for that. Great job. Anyway to print off the transcription?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: I went and did it!

Nor I.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: I went and did it!

Personally I've found mandolins and ukuleles much easier to hide from the wife. Also she did ask me to stop buying guitars so........
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Harmony Monterey H410 Rescue

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Looks like I've come to the end of the road with this. I did find out, when I tried to move the tailpiece cover over to this one, that all Waverly "Cloud" tailpieces are not...
  11. Replies
    Views

Now it's on to the body work! Prior to setting the neck the body was wet sanded down with 800, 1000, 1500 and finally 2000. If you thought that won't take too long you'd be wrong. Spent about 3 - 4...
  12. Replies
    Views

Glued the back on today. I think it fits pretty well all things considered. The tail block area is a bit off but at least it now has a tail block area at all. For the non-professionals like me...
  13. Replies
    Views

Yesterday got the glue off the fret board and neck and glued up the board and the extension. I used the rubber tape pictured. It only sticks to itself but I covered the neck with painters tape just...
  14. Replies
    Views

Heading onward and uphill I have started on the side repair. Removed as much silicon as I can in the cracks and just going to resign myself to some of it remaining as for me to open up the crack for...
  15. Replies
    Views

Harmony Monterey H410 Rescue

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Here is a mandolin I purchased on eBay a few weeks ago. It seems to be a bit of a fixer upper, didn’t cost much and I think will make a nice beginners/camp fire instrument.