Search:

Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Skene Manuscript

Some more tunes from Daunay's transcription of the Skene manuscript. No duplicates, I believe.

xXKcbtcFyrg

kg25vVCU1Uw

jsUd1bIp8r4
  2. Re: Domenico Scarlatti mandolin compositions?

I did enjoy your versions

"six of Scarlatti's sonatas written for melody instrument and basso rather than for keyboard -- a recent commercial edition considers that all six were intended by the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Swarb on Mandolin

No; that’s not the Ibanez. It was an “F” style - circa. 1976 (the so-called “law suit” era), one of their Artist series. I only remember this ‘cos I had (still have) an almost identical one!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Shane MacGowan has passed (NMC)

https://youtu.be/2PM3uCShlk4?si=5VtiAnZV14FwsELh
  5. Re: Winter's Tale 5 - free sheet music for mandolin trios

It's that time again! Time to bust out the five volumes of Winter's Tale and start playing through this fabulous collection of tunes. If you are a beginner, new to mandolin and trying to learn to...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello solo and duo recordings playlist

I always appreciate your posts, and your interesting scholarship and source notes. I did not know Bach had added to the innumerable settings of this ground.
  7. Replies
    Views

Diferencias - Victor Kioulaphides

This is a version of "Diferencias by Victor Kioulaphides" interpreted in Colombian Andean bandola by Brayan Ruiz. I'm sure some will be interested to hear it...:mandosmiley:

LB7iDi9j48c
  8. Shakespeare's Clowns - Kemp's Jig and Tarleton's Resurrection

Here are two tunes that are thematically linked, even though they are very different from each other. The link is that each tune celebrates a great comic actor who worked with Shakespeare.

Kemp's...
  9. Replies
    Views

Awesome Martin, I really liked that, nice mix of plectral tonality.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Lachrimae Pavan (John Dowland)

Lovely. Thanks.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Lachrimae Pavan (John Dowland)

An especial thanks for all things Dowland.
  12. Re: Looking for: Pietrapertosa, Sérénade Napolitaine, 1894

Thanks a lot! in fact, the SBN website was the first one I've checked... It means I'll have to stop by Santa Cecilia next time I'm in Rome :)

The pieces recorded by Martin are also sooo nice!
  13. Replies
    Views

Telemann Wedding Divertissement

I have now recorded all seven movements of the Wedding Divertissement (just three in a previous thread).

uPe-Mr9_igQ
  14. Re: Romanza (W.J. Fletcher Jr, c. 1900), mandolin duet

Fletcher recorded 4 tunes on cylinders for Edison Bell in 1903. I don't have any of them and don't know anyone who does, just thought I would mention that they are out there, somewhere. Hopefully,...
  15. Re: Romanza (W.J. Fletcher Jr, c. 1900), mandolin duet

Thanks, Martin, for the very interesting explanation. I have seen them on other bowlbacks than Calace but never on a flatback. Curious that in the various physics-based discussions on the cafe...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Rudy Cipolla

It is with a sad heart that I announce that Elizabeth Lamson has passed away. Her guiding efforts as a mandola player & leader of the Berkeley Mandolin Ensemble brought Rudy Cipolla's music to light....
  17. Replies
    Views

Telemann Allegro

I just posted this at the SAW group.

This is from John Goodin's book of Telemann arrangements for solo mandolin: Allegro from Fantasie No. 1 for solo flute.

3BMoyxYXg04
  18. Re: Romanza (W.J. Fletcher Jr, c. 1900), mandolin duet

Thanks! Lovely playing of a piece that sure sounds of its time period. I have to chuckle at the mandolin -- it seems to have 2 Calace-type holes in an odd position on the sound board. Anything you...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Almain, by Robert Johnson (1583-1633)

Thanks for sharing the link to your performance. That was wonderful!
  20. Replies
    Views

Almain, by Robert Johnson (1583-1633)

It seemed like my last Renaissance arrangement for mandola was fairly well received, so I thought I'd share tonight's project. This is Almain by Robert Johnson, reharmonized and arranged for solo...
  21. Nino Rota's Ballerina del circo Snap by Ralf Leenen - Fantastic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKVvm8Yfg2M
  22. Re: Bert Bassett (1894-1937): L'Automne - Gavotte, mandolin solo

Always appreciate your posting the sheet music along with your many videos. Interesting about the 4 measures of rest indicated in the score, wonder what t hat "intro" would have been.
  23. Valses Poéticos Valse 1 Op.10(Enrique Granados)

I published this in the Song-a-Week social group and I thought it might be interesting for the fans of the classical mandolin too. I made an arrangement of Enrique Granados' Valse poético op.10, no.1...
  24. Replies
    Views

As always Martin, thank you for not only offering your recordings but the original source material as well. These make fun duets with my friend who plays mandola and mandolin (so reads both clefs)....
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Budget Mandocello

Tell you what Martin, I'll pop my 58cm 10 string in the car next week and you'll be able to hear why the shorter scale isn't ideal. I use custom wound heavy core Headways on the low C and it's still...
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4