Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Thomastik strings users

bigskygirl- do me a huge favor and let me/us know what you think about those D’Addario’s

I think they sound pretty good, I hear they feel pretty good, similar to TI’s in both of those categories...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Changing strings to help fingertips

Thanks everybody, and GMorgan. I ordered a set of medium TI’s, called Mittels, from Sweetwater. They were in stock, and that far away away, so surely I’ll have them by the weekend.

I didn’t play...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Struggling with Eastman V-neck

My Eastman is new, and gets me at both of those places. I’m hoping I get better used to it, and these issues go away…
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally got the 314!

Ya, that Lakota strap is awesome looking, and I can’t believe how good it feels. I also had a rosewood armrest on it from CA. The wood grain wasn’t matching very well, so I’m now waiting on an Ebony...
  5. Replies
    Views

Oh no no no, I am so DONE buying picks. I would be embarrassed to admit how much money I have spent on picks the last few months. I am being serious...

I’m glad I got a Gravity Gold Tripp 1.5!...
  6. Replies
    Views

A tip that’s helping my clarity and speed

I’m pretty excited, so I wanted to share this. Everybody has different ways they like to do things. I just wanted to share what is really working for me.

I’ve only been playing about 6 mos. I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Here it is!

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, apparently I am not too good with technology either...
  8. Replies
    Views

You are killing me, Charley. Thank you Jaime.

Earlier in life, I was an outdoorsman. Really big into archery. Compound bows with all of the bells and whistles, high dollar stuff. I remember the...
  9. Thread: Being pick-y

by Medley12
    Replies
    Views

Re: Being pick-y

Lol, love those clown barfs! To look at anyway. Banjo Ben has them in stock...
  10. Replies
    Views

Finally got the 314!

From Eastman, and I absolutely love it! It’s a huge upgrade for me, and it’s perfect. I know some of you all knew that I have been waiting for it, just wanted to update.

It’s beautiful to see,...
  11. Re: Thoughts on latest version Eastman MD915 blonde?

Looks pretty sweet to me...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip pick for oval hole mandolin

John, I didn’t ask the question, but sure do appreciate the detailed response
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Please School Me On Mandolin Strings

I absolutely agree with that. Well I was kind a hoping to find out was why would one want to try a particular kind over another? Are there any benefits to any of them other than sound?
    EX: silk...
  14. Replies
    Views

Thank you for your service, MandoBart. I mean that sincerely...
  15. Replies
    Views

Ya, I know sound is subjective. And that’s what I was wondering, what is Monel? Why does it exist? Does it feel different, or just last longer? Where does Elixir compare in these categories? And silk?
  16. Replies
    Views

Torren61- thanks for starting a good thread. Good info.

What about a guy that doesn’t come from the guitar world? I am wondering what difference one might expect between:

Monels, Silk, Elixir,...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin goes sharp between sessions?

I’ll be the 2nd Sheila.....
  18. Replies
    Views

Ya, I wasn’t too concerned either, but definitely curious.
  19. Replies
    Views

Wow Sheila, I was going to come here tonight and ask the very same question.

I play nearly everyday. Tonight, I had 3 out of 8 strings sharp, and I had just played last night. Not that big of...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick Thickness

Ya Bernie2, it’s really hard to say. I have been on a quest for a little bit now trying to discover what I like/don’t like in picks. I have tried from 0.73mm to 3.0mm

Instrument type, strings,...
  21. Replies
    Views

Mandolin flagship song?

I came from the banjo world (yes, I closed the door behind me lol) specifically the Scruggs style.
    In my experience, if you played the banjo, it was “expected” that you knew how to play Foggy...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: ? about Dunlop Primetone picks...

Yes, I haven’t played with a BC, but the Primetone has been delivering me a tone and playability superior to many other picks that I have tried.... and the list is getting really long. But it’s been...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Light or Medium strings?

I have an Eastman 314 oval hole coming, and I know they come with medium strings.

I’m wondering if I might get along fine with light, since I only play at home. Curt Mangan monels are on my list...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: ? about Dunlop Primetone picks...

Sorry mandroid, buying an Eastman 314 recently was like buying a car to me. So, I guess not all are as fortunate as you.....

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Charles, very much!
  25. Replies
    Views

Speed of bluegrass... is it just me?

Ok, I know I’m pretty new here. I’ve quickly made a couple of friends, not looking for any enemies. I do not know if what I am about to say is some kind of heresy or not, so please forgive me in...
Page 1 of 2 1 2