Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sharpening Ibex plane blades

The main bevel is off the Tormek. That surface has been undisturbed long enough for a little tarnish to form. I can hone the micro-bevel quite a few times before having to grind the main bevel again....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: jointer ---> thickness sander

Not sure the fascination with "thickness sanders". Yes would be nice I guess, but I don't see too many people using a router sled. Easily made and will make sides absolutely parallel if needs be. ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins in progress

What does this mean?
  4. Thread: Drowsy Maggie

by sblock
    Replies
    Views

Re: Drowsy Maggie

Yes, using just one finger is preferable, but let me point to you out that many people with slender fingertips (esp. women and men with small hands) are not physically capable of doing this on the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Jack White on Tenor Guitar

https://youtu.be/H0rc7OE5eKA

Hmm. I guess if you can't see the first clip you probably can't see this one either. Oh well. It's good.

I've never been a fan of the Milk Carton Kids, as I just...
  6. Replies
    Views

The Caleb Klauder Interview

The Mandolin Cafe has posted the following news release:
    The Caleb Klauder Interview

Mandolin, fiddle, guitar player and vocalist Caleb Klauder serves as front man for the popular old-time group...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Fixable or fatal flaw?

That piece is far too beautiful to give up on and those "flaws" are really pretty insignificant. They tell part of the life story of the tree that provided the wood, and hence part of the life story...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Scooped fretboard ext.

I regularly play detailed solos using notes/frets on the Florida section of the fingerboard, so it wouldn't make sense to scoop it for me!!! -JUST KIDDING!! I had a Loar 700, Robert Fear scooped out...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe picking

It's tough to say exactly what you need to do to achieve that goal without seeing you play. The style starts (and ends) with the right hand, for sure, so you're on the right track there. The loose...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Arching templates

Here's some views of three plates.

The first(top) photo in each set is my current build and it's the current profile I've settled on which gives me the deflection/thickness ratio I want.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Here's a fun one... spruce over birdseye with buckeye details.