Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Gilchrist Using The Tone Traveler On Mike Compton's Mandolin

The individual that started this thread has been permanently banned from the Mandolin Cafe and Classifieds for posing as an interested party for a product and attempting to drum up enthusiasm for it...
  2. Re: Gilchrist Using The Tone Traveler On Mike Compton's Mandolin

In case you'd like evidence.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Arthur Stern

The Stern Studios family is deeply saddened by the loss of our beloved Arthur Issac Stern who passed peacefully on September 22, 2021. His impressive 45-year career as an architectural glass and...
  4. Kate Wolf Accompanied By Two Mandolins – 1985

Kate Wolf was another talent that was taken from us all too soon. She’s a staple in my music library and “Like A River” (the studio version) came up this morning. Thought I’d share a live version...
  5. Replies
    Views

Don Stiernberg Quartet "Nectarine"

first of another small batch of videos just put up..if you dig please subscribe

yes the tune is from Jazz Mandolin Appetizers

the mandolin is a "Yorkville Jazz" by Oliver Apitius

6. Replies
    Views

Re: Stew-mac prices

No way; business is booming for those guys. I know them personally, including several of the big dogs; we just talked a couple of days ago (some new Condino tools are coming down the pipeline!).
  7. Don Stiernberg Quartet Live Online Concert Friday August 14th

The DSQ rides again this coming Friday Aug. 14th, from 7-9 Central Time. Live and safe from Studio5 in Evanston IL, the cats will play some numbers from their latest release
    "Straight...
  8. Re: Who makes A-style mandos that sound similar to Givens?

The Givens/Carlson Flatiron comparison, IMO, is an apt one.
  9. Replies
    Views

free trio and solo music from Evelyn

3 mandolin solo and trio books from Evelyn.

Dear mandolin friends. i Have2 new books on amazonfree for download from this forum and one more mot on amazon. Please avail yourelf of your free...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Recurve case failure

As a community we can do better. The titling of this thread makes me sad. It was irresponsible and made without a single simple fact about what really occurred.

I've never wanted this forum to be...
  11. Choro Das 3 honor Jacob's 100th birthday with video

Very cool video! Interviews with those that knew Jacob in his later years, including Amilton Godoy, who played with him on his famous last concert with Cardosa, where he recorded Chega de Saudade.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips on chords in Jazz

Something I'd like to share that I learned from Don Stiernberg--when discussing music (and this can be said for art of any kind), generalized adjectives like, "good", "great", "terrible", "awful"...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Tips on chords in Jazz

Dear drbhrb,

Please be more specific about which chord sounds you don't like. I don't mean to defend my bad sounding chords, and I would like to help. A quick review of the samples above...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Cumberland bridges

Joe,

Go for it! But do keep in mind that a lot of it will come down to how well it is fit.

Report back with updates! :)
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Choro "É uma doçura" - W. Azevedo

Obrigado Carlos!

Speaking of Waldir Azevedo and "Pedacinho do Céu", here is a version of this tune that I ran across recently that I really like.

-David