Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Sierra Hull on her new Clark Octave Mandolin

Wow...

From Sierra's Facebook page: Packing for 22 days on the road starting tomorrow! �� Took a break from laundry to play my new Clark Mandolins octave mandolin. I’ve been recently obsessed with...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Laidback blues mandolin in Thailand

Hey I like that! :mandosmiley: Very cool resonator mandolin playing, great vocals, great guitar. Very nice! :)
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: JazzMando website to sunset soon

I learned so much from JazzMando over the years and am happy and honored to be taking up the torch and keeping Ted's excellent resource online!

Stay tuned!
    Baron
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: JazzMando website to sunset soon

I appreciate everyone's kind words, and I've got good news. A few generous souls contacted me offline and I've consented to work with Baron Collins-Hill to revamp the old site and put a more current...
  5. WHISKEY BEFORE BREAKFAST...chord melody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=762hSQJSJWA
  6. Re: Given a choice, Tru-Oil or Nitro-Lacquer (satin) for finish.

Tru-Oil adds a bit of an amber hue, so I like it for anything in the amber/red/brown ranges. On blue/green/black I would definitely stick with laquer, but I prefer the feel of the Tru-Oil when color...
  7. Replies
    Views

Blues, Stomps, & Rags #36

The blues singer and mandolin player, Willie Hatcher (1909 -- ?) was born near Clarksdale, Mississippi. His family moved to Arkansas in 1916, eventually settling in Wilson. In about 1925, he moved to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: 2019 Tune-A-Week Project

Week 2: A reel called "The Duke of Leinster":

qzqxlfRYH6c
  9. FREE chord melody lesson: LADY BE GOOD -from Aaron Weinstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_vdd5bM2sk
  10. Replies
    Views

EML Picks

I just got a Resin and Casein pick from Eric Lopez to try. He makes them by hand. Eric was very pleasant and accommodating to work with.

You can see my preferred shape with the thickness at...
  11. Re: Alternative mandolin tuners - Waverly are not the only soluti

Ten years ago, the day I installed my first set of Alessi tuning machines was the day all of my tuning machine struggles ended......

j.
    www.condino.com
    facebook at condino string instruments
  12. Re: New to swing mandolin, who should I be listening to?

Here's Johnny Gimble playing a hollow body, with only four strings in use and a magnetic pickup. He gets a guitar-ish sound, making use of bends, etc. but this is just a short excerpt, and doesn't...
  13. Re: New to swing mandolin, who should I be listening to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INGG8UMuBI&list=RDEMObPYnYpqMlmKOqfvD70ggQ&start_radio=1

The natty Mr. Weinstein is internet gold.

As previously mentioned: Jethro, Jethro, Jethro.

And,...
  14. Christmas Day mandolin blues in Thailand

A show here in Chiang Mai (North Thailand) last night was a treat. Blues mandolin maestro Bert Deivert and guitarist Willie Salomon played a lovely little venue in the city called Thapae East Venue...
  15. Replies
    Views

An open letter to Classifieds users

I'm typically not one to engage in open letters to the community, but something has been gnawing at my brain for a very long time. A few days ago I was contacted by a buyer with a question regarding...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Stick on pickup adhesive residue

It is indeed called Blu-Tack over here in the UK, so probably is also the same in other European countries.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Stick on pickup adhesive residue

It's most likely called Blu-Tack in Europe as well. Here's an Amazon page with a few other competitive products. I'd have to guess they are available in Europe with similar names and from similar...
  18. Re: blues mandolin album launch - and my strap is centre stage

Very nice music! We need more jazz/blues mandolin!!
  19. blues mandolin album launch - and my strap is centre stage

My friend, blues mandolin maestro Bert Deivert (and his band Copperhead Run) have just launched a new acoustic blues album that is getting superb reviews. I have a pre-release copy, and it is...
  20. Re: Bert Deivert & Copperhead Run - Poor Black Mattie video

I was lucky enough to get a pre-release copy of this album, and it is wonderful. Highly recommended to fans of acoustic blues and in particular acoustic mandolin blues. Bert has studied some of the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New Blues Mandolin album - preview track

Bert this is some great stuff!
  22. LADY BE GOOD chord melody by Aaron Weinstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2INGG8UMuBI&feature=youtu.be
  23. Re: Australian Blues mandolin- National RM-1 Bert Deivert

That's the stuff!