Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

theres also chris bozrung in fairveiw tenn....just west of nashvegas......
  2. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

YES sir on Steve Smith Clumberland/ redline. HENDERSONVILLE Tn.
  3. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

I would also suggest Hugh Hansen:

https://hughhansen.com/

He used to work on Gilchrists when he was at Gruhn's and he has done a fantastic job for me on several different mandolins.

Alan
  4. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

I feel like I have to mention Steve Smith at Cumberland Acoustic in Hendersonville. Good work and a heck of a nice guy.
  5. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

I'm in Chattanooga, and have done most of Norman Blake's set up and repair work for the last 20 years. I also did some work for Pete Ostroushko.

If you're in Memphis, Nashville would certainly be...
  6. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

Hugh Hanson did the restoration on Matt Flinner’s Gil. Matt was very pleased.
  7. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

I heard Hugh Hansen did some work for Mike Compton that Mike was very happy with. Gilchrist recommended him to me back when I owned a Gil, but I never had him work on anything. Not sure where Danny...
  8. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

I would recommend the luthier department at Gruhn's. They are renowned for top notch work. I cannot recommend Carter's Vintage, although I love the store itself. I have had a few bad experiences with...
  9. Re: Go to guy for top mandolin set up in Nashville area

Lynn Dudenbostel is in Maryville. It’s on the other side of the state but he’s a go to guy as you say.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Any other Daley owners out there?

I have a Daley built Gibson A5 from 1999.. Does that count? I wouldn't trade it for anything less than a Loar.
  11. Replies
    Views

I've had my F Standard with Englemann top for about three years and love it. I agree with you that they are hard to beat unless you lay down about $9,000 - $10,000.
  12. Replies
    Views

I was only going by what I was told, he may have been the son of the fellow that was driving the car...Sim was afraid that the mandolin wouldn`t get to the fellow in time for him to use it on the...
  13. Re: What are you using to share photo now? Photobucket unreasona

Flickr...
  14. Re: What are you using to share photo now? Photobucket unreasona

Have you looked into Imgur? Here is some information and there is a lot more information at their site depending on what you are looking for: https://imgur.com/about?forcedesktop=1

I use Imgur...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Adirondack Red Spruce top in the $2-3k range?

Sitka is more readily available. It should be easier to get high quailty Sitka, in guitar sizes particularly. I think the quality of the individual piece would be far more important than if it's...
  16. Jammin at Hippie Jack's-Tim O'Brien and Darrell Scott

seen both of them live, but not together.
    enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30RQG9-6A1Y
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Your wisdom on running a band

Well, every band is different, and there are so many stuations you can run into. Just in terms of "who pays for the PA," here are a few things I've found that work well for small-sized groups that...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Why Do Festivals Hire The Wrong Sound Guys?

I don't mean to step on any toes, but I'd just like to add a little perspective to this often flogged horse.

This really is a two edged sword. Because for every burntout old rocker trying to wade...