Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The Waltz You Saved For Me

I had to clear my head from that banjo-mandolin:grin:. Thanks for Listen'n:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tA41nQ3sAHM
  2. Re: Eastman fiberglass cases still available?

Welcome to my world! The Musiccompo cases are now no longer available. I have one of their white fiberglass cases and use it for my own personal mandolin, and have been looking around for a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman fiberglass cases still available?

Check out the case discussed in this forum post

https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/150439-Carbon-fiber-and-fiberglass-cases?highlight=Presto+case
  4. Re: What did you goof up when building your first mandolin?

That makes me feel a little better. I did the same thing. That drawing is still in current editions. It is a confusing print page.

Also my neck angle was too low so I slipped the back and...
  5. Re: What did you goof up when building your first mandolin?

I first decided to build myself a banjo. I studied anything I could find to read about stringed instrument building and repair, I looked at instruments, good and bad, cheap and expensive, and tried...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Minimum bench plane size

I don't know how much experience you have with hand tools in general and planes in particular, but from your question I'll assume you are not an expert.
    As already stated, a #5 plane is plenty long...
  7. Replies
    Views

The general rule for joinery is that a plane can edge join boards up to three times its length, so no problem. As John Kelly said above, a shooting board can be a big help.
  8. Replies
    Views

I use a no. 5 for all my thicknessing work, tops, backs and centre seams. Good for planing the edges of the centre seams before joining. I use a shooting board then check the two edges of the tops...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: MAS Determination

I think another aspect is that people who play music by nature have an artistic bent. There is artistic pleasure to be had in looking at and experiencing different instruments. Especially ones that...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: MAS Determination

There is another similarity between cycle space and mando world, IMO.

We acquire additional mandolins and additional bicycles for many reasons. Reasons well documented in all the MAS threads. But...