Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Jarrod Walker's pedalboard

That’s my recollection as well. Episode #8 I believe
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Jarrod Walker's pedalboard

If I am not mistaken that was discussed in his interview on the "Mandolins and Beer Podcast".
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: New (to me) Collings MF5

Rob, while I generally agree with you, I also have a reunion blues gig bag and I carry my Kelley A-5 in it pretty frequently. I’m absolutely NOT a touring pro and I’d never check it on a plane or...
  4. Replies
    Views

You could consider a case cover w/outside pocket to put on the original case
  5. Replies
    Views

Hi Ron, Congrats on acquiring a fantastic mandolin! My thoughts on your questions:
    • case- no way I would put a $5k instrument in a gig bag. Stick with the good case it came in and stuff related...
  6. Replies
    Views

If you are not travelling a lot and don't beat your instrument around, I really love my Reunion Blues gig bag. It's very padded and sturdy and very light. I wouldn't throw it in the back of a truck...
  7. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Yeah, it did that for me without the Yellow, but the Yellow reduces it drastically. Nonetheless, it has a setting to dry out the tone to varying degrees which practically eliminates any threat of it.
  8. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

I used to use a Schertler years ago, but it fed back way too easily. A mic would have worked better. My K&K sounds very good, it's not a mic, but still sounds very good.
  9. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Hey there….

I have a K&K Pure Mini installed in my Martin and run it through the Pure pre-amp. It sounds great. Previously I had a B-Band and it was not for me.

For my mandolin, however, I...
  10. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Hi Ron, I don't know a lot about the electronics but I have one and the Baggs which is fine for playing in a bar, cafe or other noisy environmont but direct is much cleaner as is of course a good...
  11. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

I have a K&K into a RedEye. The sound is really nice, and I don't have any top noise. I have a finger rest/pickguard, and I have one piece we play that requires a percussive tap, the finger rest is...
  12. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

I do not have the background on the tech aspects of the pickups and preamps. I do however have some experience with the k and k pickups. Both good and bad. The k and k in my loar 600 is ok. But...
  13. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Looks like ohmic = “of or relating to a circuit element, the electrical resistance of which obeys Ohm's law”
    High impedance is relative to the low impedance of an electric guitar pickup.
    The 10...
  14. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Try running straight into your Helix. Use the Mic Pre, along with an EQ block, and a compressor (LA Comp is my favorite). From there you can add whatever effects you like. I usually use the spring...
  15. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Pedals generally don't work well with passive pickups, UST or soundboard transducer, in my experience (I used to do some live recordings), so use the FX loop for all of that stuff, which should be...
  16. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

If I recall correctly you’ll get more noise at the 10mOhm then the one, but both work. I have a Felix and it is switchable and there isn’t much difference between the 2 except body noise and feedback...
  17. Re: Mandolin > K&K Twin Internal > Grace Bix - Help please

Electronics works with a factor of 10 so 1 meg to 10 meg will work, but the mandolin twin is 1 meg and you will get better sound at 1 meg than if you go into 10 megs.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic preamp for mandolin

How do you like the pickup? It all starts there. If you like the pickup, you just need a nice pre to match impedance and send the uncolored sound on down the line. RedEyes do this very well. I bought...
  19. Replies
    Views

The Fire Eye and others are great solutions, each with their own strength. The easy answer to your more involved criteria is the Fishman ToneDEQ. IMO, few do acoustic effects well as Fishman. You can...
  20. Replies
    Views

What he said. ♫
  21. Replies
    Views

+1 on the FireEye RedEye
  22. Replies
    Views

If you are just looking for a simple preamp/DI, I can't hesitate recommending the Fire Eye Red Eye preamp. It is about the size of an MXR Phase 90 and has beautiful sound, and some simple tone and...