Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

John Reischman demonstrates his mandola.

If you have not seen this then, there's a good chance after watching it that you'll want a Lawrence Smart mandola. I've got mine coming on Wed and it is all because of this video...

Lawrence Smart...
  2. Re: Any atheist / agnostic Bluegrasser's out there?

I'm not here to have that discussion but if you'd like to find like minded folks why not take a trip over to Facebook and create a group. You'll find like minded folks. Since you're not looking to...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis Waitlist

Here's a few pics of #500 since the above link is gone193137
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel Loar A5 tribute

It is a refreshing change to see this crowd getting so worked up over an A5 mandolin.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel Loar A5 tribute

If everyone did put "The Gibson" on their mandolins you could always tell the authentic ones because they would be the ones that didn't look right.
  6. Replies
    Views

Northfield Archtop Octave video

Hi all,

My wife and I just recorded one of our favorite songs using our Northfield Archtop Octave that I've had for about a year. So I wanted to share this with y'all since there can never be too...
  7. Thread: What the

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Re: What the

Bravo!! I've known these musical phenomenons since they were kids and much appreciate their continuing contributions to the world of acoustic string music. I also greatly applaud this broad...
  8. Replies
    Views

Happy Birthday Jerry

Today is Jerry Garcia's 75th birthday. A great musical presence in my life
    and a wonderful human being whose memory I'll always cherish.

Cheers Spud-Boy!! — Dawg
  9. Re: Swapping out Gotoh tuners for Waverly on Ellis A

TEvans, looks great. Glad you had the masters do the work.

I recently made the trip to the Ellis shop for some work on my Ellis A5. My experience was the same as yours: the best folks you'd ever...
  10. Re: Swapping out Gotoh tuners for Waverly on Ellis A

One other thing, if you're going to use the Waverly bushings buy the Stewmac reamer for those bushings.
  11. Re: Swapping out Gotoh tuners for Waverly on Ellis A

I made the switch from Gibson Grover tuners to Waverly tuners. I can compare the Gotoh's to the Gibson Grover tuners I removed. They appear to have the same post spacing as the Grover tuners. The...
  12. Thread: What if?

by Spruce
    Replies
    Views

Re: What if?

Can you imagine finding out that the ukulele you sold a few weeks ago for 20 bucks is worth 185K?
    Now, that would suck.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: X-Braced Ellis F5?

This one has tone bars like all of them. There are no Ellis f-hole mandolins with X bracing...yet
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Andrew Marlin's F

Yeah, that's "Ella" (John named all his instruments), and it's one of the finest sounding mandolins I've ever run into...seriously.
    I was considering parting with "Roy"--my Sullivan F--and living...
  15. Replies
    Views

In a new interview with David Roberts at Vox, Andrew mentions that he recently acquired a Sullivan A. Recently as in about a week ago. There are several other choice moments as well, particularly...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Don Julin's beat-up Nugget for sale

And for all of you that desire a good looking mandolin, here is a photo of my fancy Nugget. BTW it is not for sale.
  17. Replies
    Views

FWIW, when Steve Gilchrist last saw my mandolin (about 3 years ago), I was a bit mortified to show it to him, since I've put quite a bit of wear on it. He looked it over and marveled at the back,...
  18. Replies
    Views

Good morning mando forum folks. I would like to clarify a few things about this instrument, but most likely won't be able to address all the issues brought up in this thread, as I would be pecking...
  19. Replies
    Views

Sadly, most stringed instruments have taken on more importance for some solely for their resale value, not the making of music. That's never been what the Mandolin Cafe is all about. Mandolins are...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Please give me a shopping list.

Bandaids, aspirin, possibly safety goggles.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Thile Quotes?

At a show with Bela and Abigail last year he told a story about getting stopped by a state trooper in Tennessee for speeding. Abigail eagerly agreed when he said sometimes he drives a little too...
  22. Replies
    Views

Just a couple thoughts from someone who has played most of these mandolins:

In my humble opinion the Givens is not much of a mandolin, you are hearing the genius of Andrew Marlin come through...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: The search continues...

Here is a little noodling on this quiet Sunday afternoon...

https://youtu.be/8UldRtVrnNI
  24. Replies
    Views

Ok so what I love most about this particular Gil, is its incredibly strong mid range... I brought it to a jam the other night with probably 15 musicians going at it at once. When I took a break, no...
  25. Replies
    Views

Here's some pics, I'll post a few videos soon...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4