Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

Yes, yes, yes, agreed, and I have great respect for scholars like yourself with the background and knowledge to talk about tradition and history. Also, I remember as a conducting student being...
  2. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

"In my opinion, the tradition of an instrument should not be ignored for a new teaching approach. My goal is to establish a notation for the mandocello as it is used for the violoncello. This means...
  3. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

Personal preference based on a career of music education: use bass clef. There will be resistance to this, but working with orchestral and choral scores I have come to believe that notation carries...
  4. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

A modern mandocello method would be most welcome. It seems you are suggesting a more or less purely classical approach, and that would almost certainly appeal to many aspiring mandocellists (myself...
  5. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

FWIW, in our local orchestra, 2 of the 4 mandocellists come from a cello background, not a mandolin background.
  6. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

I don't know if Goichberg's studies count as a "method" but they are from the 20th century and worth having, albeit difficult to find.
  7. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

That's certainly something I would be interested in. At least the outline of your approach seems sound. The one thing I might question is whether you would really want to pitch it to users who have...
  8. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

Florian,

The only mandocello methods of which I am aware were written over a century ago, Bickford included. I think a new method, while it would be a far cry from best-sellerdom, would be...
  9. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

Florian, I do encourage you to start working on a mandocello method book, but I also want to know if you are familiar with what's already out there. The classic is the Bickford Mandocello Book, but...
  10. Re: Are you interested in a new method for the mandocello?

I would be interested in the approach to sustained notes - where/when to take advantage of the instruments natural sustain vrs use of tremolo.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: A Year With Calace?

Hi Florian,

Thanks so much for checking it out and coming up with a good idea for a work-around.
    I was thinking we may get more fluid comparisons on this thread if we were all working in the...