Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Mandolin case for a Martin Style C mandolin

I’m trying to locate a mandolin case that will fits my 1919 Martin Style C mandolin in excellent condition. I have the old mandolin case. However, I want to protect this beautiful old Martin Style...
  2. Replies
    Views

Campanella Due’

I’m looking for recommendations for stings to put on my Campanella Due’ that Joe Cleary made for me. I like light strings and Elixir is no longer making them.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: New and Vintage leather mandolin straps

Beautiful Sully Strap and Girouard A5!!
  4. Replies
    Views

New and Vintage leather mandolin straps

Individuals are always asking where to get a nice leather mandolin strap on the Mandolin Cafe. Check out Sully’s Straps if you like beautiful leather (new or vintage) straps. Here is his website...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Girouard A4

Chuck,

Congratulations on your new Girouard A4 it looks beautiful. Max and Lauri are wonderful people to work with and always have time to explain things as you’re going through the building...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard A4 build thread.

That’s a gorgeous looking mandolin! Max and Lauri do a fabulous job and I know from past experience it will sound just as good as it looks. Congratulations Chuck!! Enjoy that beautiful Girouard...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Griffith Tribute A5

Here is another picture of my recent Girouard Griffith Tribute A5 mandolin along with my custom made Girouard Concert Master F5 oval hole. Max made the Concert Master F5 oval hole to replace my 1924...
  8. Replies
    Views

Girouard Griffith Tribute A5

Max and Lauri Girouard, did a lot of research on the original Gibson Griffith A5 model and its history has led to the creation of this Girouard "Griffith Tribute" A5 model. What a remarkable A5...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard A4 build thread.

Chuck,

I agree Max and Lauri are some of the best at what they do and great people to work with.

I must say that’s a nice looking piece of Carpathian Spruce that you picked for the top. I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin stand

I agree the Northfield mandolin stands are really a nice wooded stand. I just received mine in the mail last week. Northfield is selling them at a reasonable price I think at $125.

Its crazy how...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Microphone recommendations

Thanks for the recommendations on where to place your mic when playing a guitar and mandolin. This is going to be a new learning experience for me since I have never used a mic before when playing...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Ellis F5 Special

Thanks Bradeasley,

If I get stupid and get another F5 mandolin after getting this Ellis F5 Special my wife has every right to chew my you know what out!! :))
  13. Replies
    Views

Thanks Don for the nice comments!

A few years back I had purchased an Ellis A5 from Evan one of the Mandolin Cafe members and I got stupid and sold it and regretted doing it. So I decided to...
  14. Replies
    Views

Here are some more pics of the Ellis F5 Special.
  15. Replies
    Views

Ellis F5 Special

I just received this new Ellis F5 Special #550 today. This mandolin is a testament to Tom’s ability to voice a mandolin! Its rich, vibrant and lively, with great SUSTAIN!! Tom’s workmanship is...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 1987 Flatiron Artist A5 (Mint)

I have a question, what strings do you use on your Flatiron Artist A5?
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: 1987 Flatiron Artist A5 (Mint)

Here are a couple more pictures of the Flatiron Artist A5. Its hard to believe this mandolin is 34 years old.
    196509 196510
  18. Replies
    Views

1987 Flatiron Artist A5 (Mint)

I recently acquired a 1987 Flatiron Artist A5 mandolin which couldn’t have been played very much. It was in mint condition no nicks, dings, cracks or scratches anywhere on the mandolin (like new).
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - 2007 Kimble F5

Congratulations on a beautiful Kimble F5!!!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Concert Master F Oval Hole

Chuck, you have a good eye for noticing the strings on the mandolin. The answer to your question is Yes, they are Thomastik 154 medium strings. Max asked me what strings I used on my mandolins and...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Concert Master F Oval Hole

Here are the final photos of the Girouard mandolin before Max shipped it out today. Now it’s the waiting process for the mandolin to arrive sometime this week.

I hope this process from me posting...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: A style Kimble, Heiden or ...

I have to agree with Shaun.... its a Heiden for me!!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Heiden Artist Plus A model mandolin

Kritt Moore one of our Mandolin Café members wrote a great article in Fretboard Journal #46, pages 50-55 on Michael Heiden’s 45 years of building world class guitars and mandolins. As most of you...
  24. Replies
    Views

First I want to say thanks Evan for taking the time to video your 2009 Heiden Heritage A and your 2015 Heiden F Artist mandolins. Both of the Heiden mandolins really sound great and they are both...
  25. Replies
    Views

Evan, I want to thank you and Don both for talking me into getting a Heiden mandolin! After getting one I must say they are worth the money the sound and craftsmanship is unbelievable!! If someone...
Page 1 of 2 1 2