Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: A Ruhland A5 for sale on Matt's website

Thanks Evan! #68 is phenomenal, and only getting better since it’s only about 4 months old. I asked Matt for a Sullivan inspired headstock with just the subtle flowerpot inlay and he went above and...
  2. Re: Case and Tone Gard Combo for Pava (A Style)

It’s a snug fit, but I got no issues leaving the Tone Guard on when I put the Pava back in the superior case it came with. Armrest too
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Oval Hole Heaven at Greg Boyd’s

It’s one of those instruments that hasn’t made the site yet, but it’s there. Perks of living close to a great shop I guess. They have this gorgeous Collings “Blue Spruce” topped 00 that I got to see...
  4. Re: David Grisman - 'Home is Where the Heart is'

On the newest Doc and Dawg live album from Acoustic Disc, Grisman has a little banter section before the song My Long Journey Home called “two dollar remarks” Where he mentioned he wanted to call the...
  5. Re: Transcriptions for Butch Baldassari's "Travellers" Album?

Count me in as another who would put Travellers on their list of all time favorite albums. I know there is/was a Reischman version of Como Llora Una Estrella on MandoZine. I actually learned it for a...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Stiver Today!

That’s fantastic Bill! Glad your wait is finally over. Lou’s A models all seem to be great, with a little darker sound than his F’s. I’d go as far to say I’ve never heard even a mediocre one. Then...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: "Brain Flatulence" when playing

Remember too, nobody's perfect... Case and point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsSPiotYUc4

Look for it at about 52ish seconds. So he is human after all!
  8. Re: What's Your Favorite Instrumental-Mandolin Album?

Strength in Numbers the “Telluride Sessions”, Mike Compton and David Grier “Climbing the Walls”, Reischman, Gilchrist, and Nygaard “Harmonic Tone Revealers”,
    Almost any of the Bela Fleck or David...
  9. Replies
    Views

Sarah Jarosz playing a Nugget Mandolin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5QQFO83kgpo

I remember during an interview for the cafe a few years ago that she mentioned she had obtained an old blacktop Nugget A ala TIm O’ Brien. I didn’t hear...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Ideas for a mandolin, $500-1,000

I just saw this on the classifieds: https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/145042#145042

NFI and I have never even heard of this builder, I actually just clicked on the add because we have similar last...
  11. Thread: My Pava

by Reid Morsi
    Replies
    Views

Re: My Pava

I think the one I ordered might be in that batch as well. It’s gonna be an A satin model, blonde, torrified gloss adi top, one piece back, with a pickguard and headstock inlay. Cathy over there has...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Top 5 Sam Bush tracks

One album I didn't mention before which is certainly worth checking out is Strength in Numbers "The Telluride Sessions". This supergroup is basically the Telluride House Band with Sam, Bela, Jerry,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Top 5 Sam Bush tracks

This is a very tough question. As a huge Sammy fan, I couldn't possibly narrow it down to just five favorite tracks. However, after breaking it down to categories I tried to figure out a few of my...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Fun with "Arkansas Traveler"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1f_xXKziD0&feature=youtu.be

Here's a version I recorded at the Watermelon Park festival this past September. Doesn't get much better than these two! A bit more...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Intro to Dawg - Recommendations to Learn?

I have vol. 1 and 3 of that series and their great. I was particularly excited to learn a version of Dawg After Dark, which I don't think was mentioned. Another good book is his Homespun series with...