Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. N.M.D.! My Kentucky KM-1000 Master Model Arrived

Hi Friends, My Kentucky Master Model has arrived and I have spent the last two hours getting familiar with it and taking pictures. So far, I will report that it has a wonderful bright and resonant...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Proud Kentucky Pickers - Let's see 'em!!

Hang in there Ken. We're behind ya!
  3. Re: Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap saves my life!!

Ken, I thought you sword you'd stop sending out chain mail. :)

Two puns in one reply! That's gotta be a record.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Cafe Ball Cap saves my life!!

And today my black MC hat saved my life! I was digging out something in the back of one my garages where it was dark and I ran into a huge amount of spider webs. They all clung to my hat, thereby...
  5. Replies
    Views

This is my 2012 KM-1500 - LOVE IT!!!

6. Replies
    Views

A couple of Kentucky mandolins:
  7. Replies
    Views

Oh, no, another newbie!

After lurking for several weeks, it's time to stick my neck out and not fret that you'll pick on me or think I'm a nut. I'm trying to bridge the major change from working to retirement; after years...
  8. Thread: Groupings

by sgarrity
    Replies
    Views

Re: Groupings

Every year or two I like to update this thread. Here's the current herd. Gotta love a one piece back!

L to R: Heiden mandola, Blondie the Gibson Master Model, Heiden A5, Gilchrist Model 1,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: VIDEO: The Del McCoury Band - Misty

When any Bluegrass band plays tunes such as for example,Del's 'Misty',they don't intend it to be taken as a serious Bluegrass song. As was mentioned above,it's a lovely song (IMHO) & they've given it...
  10. Replies
    Views

I am happy for you, Ken. You're stacking up quite the imported lumber pile, there!

My new KM-171 is getting the same spa treatment and indoctrination my 1050 received a couple months back. Then I...
  11. Replies
    Views

The Loar guitar to cittern conversion

I've had a few questions on this project so I thought I'd just post a bit on it. I am converting a new The Loar LH-350 arch top guitar into a 5 course cittern (or lutio) -- tuned CGDAE.

The...
  12. Re: "Monroe style" doesnt quite tell the whole story..

Might be safe to say Mike has moved beyond Monroe style. That's straight outta Compton.
  13. Replies
    Views

VIDEO: The Del McCoury Band - Misty

Here is The Del McCoury Band performing Misty for the WAMU's Bluegrass Country YouTube channel.

That's Del McCoury on guitar, Alan Bartram on bass, Jason Carter on fiddle, Rob McCoury on banjo,...
  14. Replies
    Views

My 1050 is really opening up nicely. I have spent a lot of time with it this weekend.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen Mandolins

. . . and here is a recording Randy did yesterday in his recording studio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zza14jT8UzE

Dang! I wish that I could play like that ! ! !

Steve
  16. My "New To Me" 2003 Weber Bitterroot F custom

I bought this from the classifieds on here almost 1 month ago and could not be happier with it. Awesome tone and playabitity!!

17. Replies
    Views

Two rare Monroe interviews

Howdy folks,

These were shared ont he Banjo Hangout board a few weeks ago. I thought I'd share them with you. I'm sure y'all will like it! :)

They have so few views it's impossible that they've...
  18. Replies
    Views

Here's "Bessie," my KM-300e. The visible upgrade is the Wilde Bill Lawrence L-45s mini humbucker. What you can't see is that Andrew Jerman upgraded all the guts: new pots, new jack, new...
  19. Replies
    Views

My new, just delivered today, KM-505

Well I am just getting used to posting pictures here and not really doing very well. :redface:

Somehow I attached a picture of my old Hohner along...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky Mandolins Question

Thanks for the tip on the 1050 about the fretboard! I didn't know that. Yeah, I've read the 1000/1050 were the ones to get if possible. I just haven't heard much on the 805/855. Even at dealer cost...
  21. Replies
    Views

Remembering John McGann

On this second anniversary of his death (April 6, 2012), I was struck nearly dumb to discover a video in which he appears that I didn't know existed. It is entitled "Mark O'Connor Meets Berklee",...
  22. Review/comparison of three Kentucky mandolins.

Here's my comparison of the Km630, the 505 and the KM150. With so many people posting enquiries about buying lower priced mandolins but not being able to hear them first hand I thought this might be...
  23. Replies
    Views

That's a beauty there. I don't think I've ever seen a Kentucky F4.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Sorensen Mandolins

My new custom Sorensen Pacifica. When I first saw Steve Sorensen's Pacifica I knew I had to have one. So a year ago Steve and I got
    Together and planned a Maui inspired build (my wife and I spend a...
  25. Re: Proud Kentucky Pickers - Let's see 'em!!

Here's an early KM-900 that I used to have (and wish I still do). They had a lighter burst when they first came out (you can see a really good example of that on Robert's Folkmusicians' website), and...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4