Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Kentucky KM-1500 (Amazing Deal)

I haven't posted on this forum in quite some time, but just had to share this news. For years, I have wanted to upgrade my mandolin and have always had my eye on either an Eastman 615 or a Kentucky...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Lakota mandolin straps

Hey Guys.. Kenny here from Lakota... so sorry that anyone is having any issues at all.. but if you are.. just remember.. ALL Lakota straps are unconditionally guaranteed for life.. so if you ever...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for suggestions

What mandolin are you currently playing? An Eastman 304 or 305 would come in just under £600.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Vs. Northfield Vs. Kelley

Most reputable sellers will let you do a 48 hour trial. If the instrument is not what you love, you would be out only the shipping costs.
    Might be worth an ask
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip pick for oval hole mandolin

My go to picks would be the Blue Chip TPR35 or KS35, both with right hand speed bevel. I've occasionally bumped up to a TPR40 or KS40 but I prefer the feel of playing triplets with the 35s. I would...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando upgrade - opinions sought

You can put 5 mandolins in a room ranging from $4000 to $7000 and hear and feel a HUGE difference between them and it has nothing to do with the price tag. That's my own experience. Mandolins are...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: What are you looking forward to?

Today! :mandosmiley:
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Curt Mangan Monels

I love the CM Monels but I get the Gabe Wiseman set so they have the heavier A and E gauges. Been exclusively a Daddario fan for years but this set converted me!
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin world vs fiddle world

Up to a certain point this is true. The problem though, is that there is a ceiling for mandolin quality and price that doesn't exist for fiddles.

Leaving aside vintage Loars, you're very near the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: One piece back?

I found some old threads. Most believe it is only cosmetic. No tone difference.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Polyetherimide plectra

You also might talk to Nik Monnin of Apollo. He works with PEEK and casein and might be interested. Of course the market is a bit small, to say the least.