Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Anybody Got a Copy of Ranieri Method Vol 1 and 2?

2. Re: A customer playing a baroque mandolin I built

I truly appreciate you sharing this! Well done all.
  3. Re: Anybody Got a Copy of Ranieri Method Vol 1 and 2?

Okay, I started searching on Amazon.de and Amazon.uk but to no avail. I ended up looking on UK ebay and I found a copy of volume 1 and 2! I purchased for ~$50 US. I hope they come soon so I can use...
  4. Anybody Got a Copy of Ranieri Method Vol 1 and 2?

Before I buy, I wanted to check to see if anyone has a copy of Volumes 1 and 2 of this method? If anyone wants to send me a physical copy, I will happily scan it with a high-quality scanner and place...
  5. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

@Bluey You can do an ABC import to MuseScore with a third party plugin and then easily convert to tab by copy pasting on a new mandolin tab staff. Please let me know if you’d like a more granular...
  6. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

@mikeBuesseler Ha! I can do that. I feel foolish, great comment! You will be attributed!
  7. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Thanks @JEStanek! I knew people like you are out there. If enough of y’all poke your heads up I’ll make a dedicated combo version. I just like an entire tune to fit on one page during a session ya...
  8. Re: Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

@DavidKOS Thanks! I always love hearing from you on my projects and perhaps one day I can return the favor :) I too am primarily a sheet music enjoyer, but many of my session mates are tab hounds,...
  9. Free irish Session Tunebook Out For Community Comment!

Hey All,

My music teacher and I developed an Irish trad tunebook that we're putting out here for all to use. I know there’s already a few out there, but this one’s ours! It contains tabs and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

For me, Julien Martineau is in a class of his own. Detlef is also an excellent choice though!

https://youtu.be/VWL5InMIfkM?si=Gn2gktal7n-J2dBc
  11. Re: Folktab.com is down? .ABC and notation transcribing site.

@wsugai I use a MuseScore, and there’s a free plugin that imports ABC to standard notation. I then convert the dots to tabs. The whole process takes around 10 mouse clicks. I can write it up if it’s...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Franks' Mandolin Kitchen

I just want to say, I love your channel Frank.
  13. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

@JeffD you're absolutely right that tabs are a little more granular than dots. Even then, if the tab says to play the 5th fret on the D string, the player has to make a choice as to which finger to...
  14. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

@Louise You’re definitely correct, the font gets small. But it’s doable! Take a look at the example I posted at the very beginning. The first movement of suite 1 is a good example of how compact it...
  15. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

Well David, I learned a LOT from your post and related citations. Thank you!! If you have a copy of that Strad article handy I'd love to take a gander.

After a little searching, I believe the...
  16. Re: Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

@DavidKOS thank you for being such a badass. You're responses are always helpful.

It's great to hear others dislike page turns, although other folks please provide your opinions.

I've got...
  17. Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

Hello Amazing Mandolin Cafe Peeps,

I'm putting together an open source / free version of the Bach Cello Suites transposed for mandolin. The final output will be in PDF and MuseScore formats. There...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Telemann Allegro

Fantastic. I’m a recording newbie. Does the pop screen help with removing the sound of the pick “clicking”?
  19. Re: Renaissance lute for solo mandola: Bianco Fiore

Just lovely!
  20. Re: The Complete Collected Works of Raffaele Calace

Hello All!

I really appreciate all the information. I'll respond to everyone below:

* Joe Bartl: I have come across the website and pulled down a lot of the scores before but I wasn't sure if...
  21. The Complete Collected Works of Raffaele Calace

Hello All,

Does a complete book exist that encompasses all of Calace's works? I can't even seem to find a trustworthy listing of all of Calace's tunes. I've seen a few books here and there that...
  22. Re: New Labraid (Brian Dean) Grand Concert - Jazz

I am happy to declare that as of last year, I am the owner of this beaut. :)
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Maasenet: Elegie, op.10, no.5

I truly enjoyed this! Fantastic. I appreciate you sharing. This is my first exposure to the tune; how did you find it originally? Also, what kind of mandolin and pick are you using? (Just listened to...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber octar

Looks handsome! I’d love to hear it. I recommend the Bach Cello suites to scratch that classical itch. Mel Bay has a nice octave mandolin book that I really liked....
  25. Re: Bach: Suite in A minor, BWV 1008 Menuette I & II

I’ll definitely listen when it arrives! While I love Celtic jigs, I for some reason feel that Bach’s gigues are quite difficult to play but are of lower quality than the rest of the movements. But...
Page 1 of 2 1 2