Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Andrew and Emily of Watchhouse Band hit by car in crosswalk

We were shocked and saddened to hear about this happening in our town. We have been following and appreciating the music of Andrew and Emily for a very long time - and of course had tickets to the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Waltz in 2020 Time: Original

Very nice Don.... a fine sonic and visual display. Thx for sharing. Larry
  3. Re: Current classified ad for 1956 Martin 0 18T

So I misspoke, It's a 1947. Here's a rough recording but gives you an idea of the beautiful ringing tone.
  4. Re: Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

the rest of the story - in speaking with Don in early 2020 during the sale / purchase of the Passernig, come to find out that I have a really great Baird A4 that also use to belong to - you guessed...
  5. Quarantine Collaboration - (and appreciation)

hello mandolin lovers....

so here is a fun tale of 2 mandolins, a happy coincidence and a new pal.

Most of the regulars here will know of Don Grieser, his frequent supportive comments on the...
  6. Re: Modern Oval Hole vs. Investing in my Teens Gibson A2

Hey Barry, here is link to one in the Classifieds -

http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/131204#131204

I have one of Gavin's A4s from 1998 and just love it..!

Not sure where you are in Canada -...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Ricky Skaggs arm injury ?

hey Tony, we just saw Phoebe Hunt and the Gatherers Saturday evening in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Great show... and I was looking forward to seeing, meeting and listening to Dominick Leslie. We were talking...
  8. Re: Article: Mandolin Orange's Andrew Marlin Comes Out From Under

Michael - thanks for the interview and MC for the recognition of a very talented musician.

Andrew - I have thoroughly enjoyed your work with Emily over the years. I have seen you guys in concert...
  9. Re: In need of help identifying recent library donation.

I saw a Mom walking with her kids the other day with a T-shirt that read - “kindness is the new cool” ... may we all take that up as a mantra and a mission in these days of discord...!

Allen, I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Octave

Hey Freddy F... I did own a Trinity College octave mandolin many years ago now. I believe it was a TM 325 although when I look at the current pictures they appear to have changed the design or...
  11. Replies
    Views

Hey Astro - sorry it has taken awhile... now, let's see if I can embed a YouTube video...!

Recorded with a Zoom H4N into my laptop.

................ well, once again I can't seem to figure out...
  12. Replies
    Views

Hey Clement, the name of the tune is Petronella... some debate about it's origin but a fun tune that I learned from folks around here.

This is the first Eastman instrument that I have owned so I...
  13. Replies
    Views

I have never tried to post a video.... The one above does not appear to work.... Let's try a link.

https://youtu.be/KdIrohva1I4
  14. Replies
    Views

Here's a quick video of my friend Guy Drollinger and I playing a tune tonight... you can't hear it as well with the fiddle but gives some idea how it holds its own. I am more than pleased and look...
  15. Replies
    Views

Look what arrived in the mail from Elderly instruments...!
    Will send a full report later but thought I would post a picture.
    They are starting to arrive and make their way out to eager...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New (to me) Snakehead

Another fine mandolin in the hands of a very good picker ...

I have played this one and can attest to it's great condition and wonderful tone. And that case, wow...

You finally got your...
  17. Replies
    Views

RIP Pete Huttlinger

There have been way too many of these kind of posts in the past few days, but felt inclined to start one anyway to honor a truly remarkable musician - fingerstyle guitarist Pete Huttlinger. Pete...
  18. Re: Gavin Baird Mandolin/sheba musical instruments

thanks for chiming in and the information Gavin.

Here is a scratch recording of an original instrumental as played on my Baird A4.

Zoom H4N - no effects.

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange New Release

134758Hey all - we drove up to Madison to catch the duo this past Saturday night. Fine show - great musicianship, love the harmonies. As good as Andrew is on mandolin, his skill as a songwriter is...
  20. Re: Winfield meet and greet - plus some mando tasting

oops, should say Sat. the 13th.... L
  21. Replies
    Views

1998 Gavin Baird A4

Hello all,

I am writing to a give update on a new (to me) mandolin. This is a Gavin Baird A4, serial #15. I know there are at least a couple Café members who know this mandolin. Just wanted to...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: A new reel for the mandolin

Very nice tune Gina. Has the great combination of drive with a cool melody - plus the minor key influence.
    the harmony line on the second mandolin is also cool. Good job all around.

The...