Search:

Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Aficionados

Greeting all! Weber instruments were built in Montana from its start in 1997 to 2012 and then in Bend Oregon from 2012 to present. No imports were ever created under the Weber name. Really...
  2. Replies
    Views

Weber mandolins have only been produced in the US.
    Flatiron and Breedlove mandolins have been produced in both the US and overseas.
    Bruce Weber, Steve Carlson, and Kim Breedlove have founded their...
  3. Replies
    Views

If it was made in Oregon it was after the Two Old Hippies buy out. It might have been before Bruce left the company.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Bitterroot F-5

It depends on who made the Webers. Not who signed the label: who made the instrument. Some were made by companies that bought the rights to the Weber name.

I have several Webers. Most were made...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: To Upgrade or Not to Upgrade?

I have liked the Collingses and Northfields I've played but I certainly wouldn't buy one blind if I loved my current instrument.

I'd say the time to upgrade is when you:
    1. Play an instrument and...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do you play electric?

- with earphones to silently practise
    - with sunglasses to do the ZZ Top thing matching my beard
    - combination of both outdoors
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: More Gibson Antics

I own two pre-WWII Gibson instruments.
    With the way the current Gibson company is being run, I wouldn't bother looking at any new Gibson products.
    There are plenty of other companies and small...
  8. Sierra Ferrell: lots of mandolin content

She's amazing and so is her band.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spHoixofvso

spHoixofvso
  9. Re: Complete Noob - Discovered Grandpa’s bowl back mandolin !

I didn’t exactly miss it Bill, after I posted that comment, I realized that you had qualified what you said and that my comment wasn’t really fair. No offense, the truth is that I don’t think it’s a...
  10. Re: Complete Noob - Discovered Grandpa’s bowl back mandolin !

The big issues with your grandpa's mandolin would be condition, particularly neck action.

I'm one of the folks that plays bowlbacks regularly, mostly Italian music, choro, Klezmer, and classical....
  11. Re: Finding local buyers in Cafe classifieds

Congratulations Bill, my friend from Ohio showed me pictures of the Stiver and promised to bring it to the next jam. He's a monster on the banjo!
  12. Thread: LRTI surgery

by JCook
    Replies
    Views

Re: LRTI surgery

Pittsburgh Bill -- My surgery sounds quite different from finger joint replacement. A bone is removed and eliminates the pain from the arthritis. I looked up finger joint replacement and it looks...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Classifides

Also, I’ll add that I never had an unhappy buyer … but if I had, I would have accepted a return. In fact, I’d accept one back today if it were in the same condition. They can’t be replaced for what I...
  14. Replies
    Views

Demonstrating a mandolin

Why is it that those folks that are trying to sell a mandolin, and producing a video, only play hot licks and chords. I would like to hear the individual strings one at a time. It would only take a...
  15. Billy Strings and Christopher Henry - Midnight on the Stormy Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aqhiV2V8w
  16. Re: Could I leave mando in car in winter while skiing?

Depends. Is it a Rogue or a Gilchrist?

I wouldn't want the Mando to sleep any colder than me. Will it get lonely and perhaps go with a passing stranger? I've heard they sometimes do that.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Place to Look for Used Collings

The classifieds here on the Cafe.
  18. Replies
    Views

The Vermont Mandolin Trio

Enjoy!

Part 1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqDEMQZw314
    QqDEMQZw314

Part 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nya2-HSWvJA
    nya2-HSWvJA
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Rhythm of The Falling Rain

Does anyone else have trouble with mp3 links like this? When I click one, it prompts me to download an html page, and has always done, on many devices.

IMHO, it is always best to place an mp3 link...
  20. The Beatles: In My Life (solo mandolin instrumental)

It's been a while since my last Beatles arrangement. Here's what I came up with the other day for their song "In My Life."

I did all the past Beatles arrangements on mandola, but for some reason...
  21. The Flatt Stanley Incident at Fishing Rock Depoe Bay Oregon

Hi mando friends,

A couple of weeks ago we performed at the Oregon coast. We almost always forget to set up recording equipment, but this time someone from our audience recorded us and put it on...
  22. Paul Glasse on video w/Western Swing band 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6BpXBpp0vQ
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on tremolo

My impression of the questions posed by the OP show the more recent trend in some classical transcriptions to indicate supposedly valiant attempts to make everything exactly in a transcription using...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on tremolo

That would depend on the style and period of the music in question. For styles of mandolin that I play, tremolo expresses something even when used as a default technique - it expresses how long notes...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

Australian builders had access to some good local wood, but I think it's really a story of those individuals rather than a whole country.

From what I know of Gilchrist, Duff and Coombe, they all...
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4