Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Proper Care for Mid-Missouri M4 Flattop

Hey Tony, Here's a snip from an email reply I got from Mike Dulak when I asked him about taking care of my '99 M-15:

Over on the Big Muddy/Mid Missouri social group there's a pic of a cool old...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar 600 vs Eastman MD615

Big Congrats that's always a good day. Don't have a flat top but enjoy playing them (have to watch string gauges tho...

possible to own several different mandolins.

What? ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Congrats, Tony, on your acquisition. Never had one like yours, but love my oval hole A.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Washburn M6SW Opinions (early 2000s)

I'll mention this: My friendly neighborhood music store signed on as a Washburn dealer somewhere around 2015. After receiving 2 shipments from them, he immediately cancelled his dealership and...
  5. Replies
    Views

Video here
    https://youtu.be/zZ_YbBPg5vc
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Washburn M6SW Opinions (early 2000s)

Here's a 2010 thread on the M6SW. Lotsa pro and con. The specs on the mandolin, in Washburn's "Jethro Burns" series, are pretty impressive: carved solid woods, etc. It's a discontinued model,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Good deal on a Big Muddy M2 on Boston CL

The builder, Mike Dulak, thinks that the M4 mandolins are the best sounding ones that he makes due to their rosewood backs.
  8. Replies
    Views

A little less than your budget but I recently got my first mandolin, an MW0 from Big Muddy Mandolin. I like locally made instruments, and Mike Dulak was extremely easy to work with, made up my...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Mando quality vs year

I think the vast majority, like 99+% had good/excellent build quality.

I had a 505 and 605 from 2006 and 2010, they had the characteristic bright tone which i compensated with monel or silk/steel...
  10. Replies
    Views

Short ansoer, I would not be concerned at all.

Eastman was making well-thought-of violins before they branched out into mandolins and arch-top guitars, as well as even flat-tops. They are a small...
  11. Replies
    Views

A few years back, I had a 2009 Eastman 505 pass through my hands on a trade. I sometimes wish I had kept it-- it was good enough to gig with. I did some very minor set up work on it and sold for...
  12. Replies
    Views

They are also an Eastman dealer so would be good to give them a call an explain what you are looking for and get their recommendation.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Kimble two point reviews?

I've had two or three of Will's two-points over the years. I am more of a pianist / guitar player than a mandolin player, but I have a hard time imagining anybody being able to do anything better at...