Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tell me more about Giovanni Vicari

Hi There,
    I know this appears to be an old post, but thought I'd share some info.
    I was recently doing a search on Vicari, and instruments he owned. My grandfather, a musician, settled in NY from...
  2. Another phenomenal performance by Sebastiaan de Grebber

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71kTcq8zeyg
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Vega roundback mandolins

Let's see . . . A decade has passed. It seems about time to resurrect this old thread. I picked up another Vega mandolin about 1.75 years ago, not knowing anything about it other than it was a nice...
  4. Re: Sonoma Sounds Interview with Sheri Mignano Crawford

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeQSVLNDeGk&t=5s
  5. REGINELLA and SERENATA MALINCONICA ( Calace )(Solo Mandolin)

Please accept my humble first offerings to this part of the forum to show that Italian music is alive and well.:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg2PX4wAH1s ...
  6. Replies
    Views

"Anileda," by Stellario Cambria and ...?

I have just come across a cache of mandolin sheet music, some dating circa 1915. I have no idea how much "good stuff" is in here, but sitting right on top is an arrangement of Tschaikowsky's "Chanson...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: adventures in Italian music

Beautiful, performed with good technique and taste, it sounds great! Thanks :mandosmiley:
  8. Replies
    Views

Really enjoyed your write up and the musical sunshine! Couldn't help but notice your inspiration on the shelf, poor Yorichino!
  9. Replies
    Views

Fun stuff, Paco. Thank you for sharing.

I enjoy the split screen accompaniment.

Both tunes I love and enjoy playing, particularly Aida. Your guitar really grounds it.

I've got a Manjolin...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Calace is in the shop, so the Ellis will have to suffice. Trying not to forget over here.

https://youtu.be/OmfQjMqhjeI
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording through the Bach Cello Suites

It. Is. Finished! The world's first recording of the complete Bach Cello Suites on mandolin is done! It's not perfect, but it's complete! If I had tried for the perfection of Chris Thile, or Carlo...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Fraulini Caterina - a prototype

Sounds great. And you have a great feel for the music.

A side question. Do you know where the case is from? It looks smaller the standard A5 cases.
  13. Replies
    Views

What a lovely instrument!

I particularly like those sort of mandolins...192032
  14. Replies
    Views

Great sound and build !
  15. Replies
    Views

Oh my! Beautiful instrument in sound and looks. Love the tailpiece.
  16. Prelude #3, Well-Tempered Clavier Book 1, J S Bach (BWV 848)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhr2D6AZSy4
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Carlo de Filippis recording

189723I’ll jump back in. My last post, some 10 years ago, I wrote about the Bernstein Vivaldi Mandolin Lp with Mr. Vicari & Mr. de Filippis. & there was a photo on Mr. Vicari’s wall. I recently...
  18. Por Una Cabeza - ETSU Mandolin Orchestra - Remote recording

Hi, folks - just wanted to share this recording that my students and I put together at the end of the past Spring semester - it's finally ready to go. There will be at least one more soon- and I...
  19. Replies
    Views

Read Me First

The old Forum software has been reinstalled. But I wasn't done meddling just yet. I saw some things in the other version and decided they had their place here so changes have occurred in the...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Blues, Stomps, & Rags #46

Thanks, Jim, for connecting Frankie with us.
    And thanks, Frankie, for the information and for the enjoyable videos. I liked your takes on both the blues tunes and the Italian music. Sorry for the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Blues, Stomps, & Rags #46

Frankie is a phenomenal musician. We spent an afternoon together and playing a bunch of instruments neither of us could afford at RetroFret in Brooklyn a few months ago. Fun stuff.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mazurkas Anyone?

I’m jumping into this discussion late, but Frankie mentioning my former teacher, Maestro Giovanni Vicari, prompted a response. Yes, Frankie on his Tra Veglia, he shows who’s the “boss”.
    I enjoy...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mazurkas Anyone?

I have a hard time determining what should be starting points and/or excellent examples of the style, as they often overlap.

I will offer these tunes as some of my personal faves out of the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Italian Mandolin music being forgotten ???

Here in San Francisco there used to be an Italian mandolin culture that started with the mandolin orchestras dating perhaps as far back as the 1890s. We still have the wonderful Aurora Mandolin...
  25. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

I've just added some new titles to the Tesio folder. Since it's been a while, I am going to post new links and new Indexes that update what is now housed. If you're new to this thread, I have all...
Page 1 of 2 1 2