Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: recommend strap for F style?

My company, El Dorado Guitar Accessories, makes several varieties of mandolin straps, all with a thin "snake biting its tail" front loop that works on almost all F-style scrolls & for headstocks or...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Extra long strap?

We do custom sizes and our front loop is thin enough to easily accommodate F-style scrolls or under raised pickguards on A-styles. Works great on my Collings MF, MT, MTO's, and Mandola.

Bill
    El...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Good F5 Strap

Umm, a bit of shameless promotion for my company: El Dorado Guitar Accessories. Here's our "Kachina" model mandolin strap

4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin goes sharp between sessions?

My experience has been that the ambient temperature is more of a determining factor than humidity. If the temperature drops my strings go sharp, and when the temperature rises the strings go flat. ...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD: Pulled the trigger on a Collings A

Congrats. I have a Collings MT and an MTO. Love them both. They're different tonally, but both fun to play.
  6. Re: NMD 1935 Martin A-Style (and a 'lighbulb moment'!)

I have a 1950 Martin A mandolin that I purchased back in 1979. It's a peach, but you might want to do yourself (but not your wallet) a favor and check out a Collings MT mandolin. They are louder,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Process of learning a classical tune

This discussion interests me as an amateur mandolinist who plays mostly Bach, and mostly from Daniel Sellman's two transcription books of Bach for mandolin. Although I think all the responders to...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MTO: replacement tuners?

My experience exactly. I purchased a used 2012 MT with the Stew-Mac Golden Age tuners that were an absolute bear to use. I phoned Collings and got told to phone Stew-Mac directly and tell them...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording through the Bach Cello Suites

Nicely done, Phil! I've been working on several of the Bach cello pieces and sonatas for the past four or five years. Not the easiest stuff to pull off, but you do it with ease. I'm very impressed.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Livestream Bach on the mandolin workshop

I'd definitely be interested. Bach is just about all I'm playing on the mandolin
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: How High the Moon by John 5

John 5 can play anything!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Musician Jokes

A man goes into a pawn shop in San Francisco and, for the purpose of this joke, buys a dead rat. He walks out of the shop holding the rat by the tail.

After walking a block or two he gets a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Left Forearm Pain

Sounds like what I've developed, which is probably tendonitis. First it was the inside forearm, now it's gotten worse on the outside. I'm taking 3 Advil 2-3 times a day and trying to lay off the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for online mandolin lessons

Banjo Ben has a lot of great mandolin lessons and tunes.
  15. Re: Guitar Center to Pay Off Debt by Selling Banjos

OK, RBMB, ya got me. Happy April Fools Day
  16. Re: Found my Bluechip pick after about 3 months M.I.A

another example of my theoretical “inverse law of sunglasses retention”: the more a a pair of sunglasses cost the quicker they will be lost. With a cheap pair of sunglasses, they refuse to get lost....
  17. Re: A tip for improving your playing in one hour...

I have both of Daniel Sellman's Bach for Mandolin books. Lots of enjoyment for a small investment in money and a lot of investment in practicing. Well worth it!
  18. Re: A tip for improving your playing in one hour...

Seamus:

Bach is pretty much all I'm playing these days. Cello Suite #1 Prelude done, and then several menuets, as well as Violin Partita #1 in E Maj., the Bourre I & II from the 3rd Cello Suites....
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Banjo joke I've heard in a while

A banjo player, on his way to a gig, stopped at a local Walmart, forgetting that his banjo was in the back seat.

When he returned to his car, to his horror he found his car had been broken into:...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Dunlop Ultex pick

My favorite mandolin pick is the Dunlop Ultex James Hetfield model. I think the thickness is 1.14mm. I use the pouted end & am playing mostly classical on my mando s.

I received a Blue Chip as a...
  21. Re: Chris Thile, Bach Sonatas & Partitas vol 1 CD.

Jaycat- when you practice the Bach Sonatas or Partitas enough so that it's at a "performance" level, it almost always becomes memorized, even though they're 4+ minutes long. Not to take anything...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Tiny Moore - "I'll Have Somebody Else"

Wow, just wow! That's a killer!
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Question.

Just throwing in my 2 cents to the discussion. I've talked to several reps from Eastman, and they mentioned their yearly output of hand-carved mandolins can be counted in the hundreds, not...
  24. Re: any tab for Bach Lute Suite in E Major--Gavotte en Rondeau

David: Thanks! I found it in the first thread you shared. I followed the score while listening to a YouTube audio of John Williams playing it. I also learned online that Segovia transcribed it...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile's Loar: Not Enough Low End?

That's what I love about Bach: you can play it on any instrument, from a tin whistle to a tuba and it all sounds great!

A quote attributed to Douglas Adams:

Beethoven tells you what it's like...
Page 1 of 2 1 2