Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New gibson ferns! Wow!

Mr. Dave Harvey knows what he's doing. A superb luthier.
  2. Thread: IBMA, awesome.

by 300win
    Replies
    Views

Re: IBMA, awesome.

....yep...very true.....my first time in our capitol city.....I was impressed.....only other member of my family that was ever there was one of my cousins....he visited the courthouse by invitation...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: My Gibson Master Model Story

Good. I also had Mr. Harvey reset the neck and a few other little things on my mandolin, not a Master Model, but the lowly F5 Jam-Master. I shipped it to Gibson in April of this year, and received it...
  4. Replies
    Views

thank you Dave Harvey:

Yesterday around noon my F-5 got back home. It arrived in a air coditioned Fedex van, so I did not have to let it aclimate to the ac in the house. Just let me say that Dave done a excellant job...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: good news yesterday morning :

Been looking out on occasion today, down the driveway, for that UPS or FEDX truck. Question is, can you be a kid when you're almost 60 ?, I'm as close to it as you can get I reckon.
  6. Replies
    Views

good news yesterday morning :

Received a phone call from Dave Harvey yesterday morning. My F-5 Jam-master is repaired and on it's way home. It's going to be here at home no later than Friday. I just want to say thanks to Dave for...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: new to the forum

Welcome. Stick with it, you'll be glad you did.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Changing mandolin strings string is a pain

Never thought that mandos were more difficult than a guitar or banjo. Out of the three to me the banjo is slower, but none of them are "a pain".
  9. Replies
    Views

update on my F5 Jam-master repair :

Just thought I would let everyone know that I had a nice conversation with Mr. Dave Harvey at Gibson yesterday regarding my F5 neck repair. Dave let me know that he would be the luthier who would...
  10. Replies
    Views

flat wound strings:

On flat wound strings, as far as overall tone and ease of playing { this is very important to me due to losing strength in my hands because of nerve and joint problems }, which strings are the best ?...