Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Blues on the Mandolin - Let's Hear Ya!

Well done, Mark
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: First Time StewMac Kit Builder Thankyou!

Looks great
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Preferred wire cutters?

For the past 15 years, I have used snub nosed wire cutters from various manufacturers. Unfortunately, it has been variou because TSA has taken the wire cutters when I traveled so when I reach my...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Tone Gard - Comfortable ?

I have one on each of my mandolins. I like them. And like jcondino said, if I got rid of the muffintop (although I would consider myself in the early second trimester, lol), I may not need one, but...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: 3 Month Stiver Review

It's always good to hear when people find their forever mandolin. I have looked at Stiver mandolins, just have not pulled the trigger....yet. Glad to hear you enjoy your new mandolin. Thank you...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Finally Finished: Soliver #001

well done soliver
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: instrument an offensive weapon (no mando)

As a geologist, it is no surprise that when I travel for work, I bring back rock samples for the collection. I was flying through Frankfurt, Germay airport. I had a piece of galena (btw, galena is...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins "Opening Up"

I am not sure if my mandolins are opening up, but I realized that if I don't play one for a while and then come back to it, I hear mostly just the fundamental tones. As I play it more I begin to...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Funk Mandolin - "Kiss" by Prince

Wow. Excellent playing, Steve. Just made my Saturday a little better (and funky).
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Jerry's Birthday Gig

Very good mbruno. Well done, my friend.
  11. Re: How did the "curl" on the mandolin body evolve?

Well said, Allen
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb announces increase in fees

I don't see a problem with the increase (caveat: I am not a seller) if they do use the funds to make the website better for the sellers. I never ran a website so I do not know the costs associated...
  13. Re: $59,000 Reward for Missing Shipping Ledger

I am thinking since it was the shipping ledger from 1959, it may have had some play with their decision. Then again, I could be wrong too (and it would not be the first time or last).
  14. Re: Please talk about your experience with the Mandola.

Excellent...very well done.
  15. Re: An (incomplete) list of recorded black mandolinists

while it is not his main instrument, I believe Keb Mo plays the mandolin. He mentioned that there will be some on his newest album.

I could be wrong and my memory cells may be a little scattered....
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Shipping from Japan to USA?

I had some documents shipped via FedEX to Kuwait. I shipped them on 13March with a delivery date stated 16March (I paid the international priority). I tracked it to Kuwait. It was in Kuwait on...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: You Never Can Tell

Well done, Mark. Thank you for sharing the videos and music.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Mute Pedal Switch?

At first when I read the title of your post I was thinking......for your banjo player. :))
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Weber, the best years.

I have a 2001 (I believe this is the year) Gallatin I bought off the cafe about 2 years ago. I think it is a spruce top and has mahogany back and sides. I thought maple backs were too bright (IMHO)...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What on earth are you doing?

I will make small 30-60 second videos to send to my family (and some friends). They all ask me if I enjoy playing the mandolin because I look so angry. :)):))
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Another airline problem

Only reason I can see if it was a full flight and since she was probably one of the last on the plane, there was no overhead room. Now I do not know if this is the case here. I have flown where I...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Instrument Air Travel Information

I have no experience with a mandola. I have not had a problem with my mandolin on any of the flights I have taken (domestic or international). Back in 2002-3, They almost had me check in my guitar...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: First attempt at a burst on an F5

Nick, The mandolin looks fantastic. Good job.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: First attempt at a burst on an F5

It looks great Nick. Good job.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid jamming

Tonight may be the night that Publishers Clearing House knocks on my door.
Page 1 of 2 1 2