Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Sales Scam to be aware of....

None of these people contacted a single person through the Reply To function in the Classifieds. It's that simple. You received a text. Does that give anyone pause? It should. They don't want a...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Sales Scam to be aware of....

That isn't a new scam, it's a very old tried and true scam. Anytime anyone sends an over payment you can just assume it's a scam.
  3. Replies
    Views

Sales Scam to be aware of....

Hello all, I don't know if this is the appropriate place to put this but want to make the whole Cafe aware of a scam that was attempted on me this week. We received a text message of someone...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Hoffee Case Owners

I hate to be a nay sayer here but in my experience worrying about the cosmetic scratches to a Hoffee case is unwarranted. Polyester, Vinyl Ester and Epoxy Resins all can be easily scratched. These...
  5. Thread: Hoffee Case Owners

by dwc
    Replies
    Views

Re: Hoffee Case Owners

Extremely well built. Lots of internal padding and neck support. Large equipment pocket inside. The latches are well made and very tight. Every time I put my mandolin in the case it is like...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Show Your Two-Points

Kimble 2012 2-point mandolin... red spruce, sugar maple... nice, nice!
  7. Replies
    Views

Not sure why they came up so large by comparison with other posts, but here are a few of my Davidson.
    http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=146994&d=1465131085
  8. Replies
    Views

Now we're talkin'!

Steve
  9. Replies
    Views

If nothing else, this motivated me to learn how to post pictures.

BRW 2-point, circa 2012. Not a blacktop, but rather really dark brown.
  10. Replies
    Views

My mandolin drawing

Hi everyone. I thought I would share a graphite drawing of a mandolin I did. Tell me what ya think

11. Replies
    Views

I guess I'm a mandolin player

Several years ago I traded a PVC Irish flute for a $100 mandolin. I think I got the better trade.

I brought my mandolin to the jam for a while but took a fiddle class and felt guilty if I didn't...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip. lose it and see how it affects you

This is why I'll never loose another Blue Chip.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for photos of two pointers.

Re: Looking for photos of two pointers.

http://northwoodsbirddogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/blog-photo-gallery-lexus-audi-460.jpg

bratsche
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The O'Connor - Suzuki Discussion

Emily Schaad - Suzuki trained, attended Julliard and Curtis as a viola major. She teaches at Stringendo, Orchestra School of the Hudson Valley (NY) and runs a fiddle program in the same organization....
  15. Replies
    Views

My perspective on the Suzuki method comes from 30 years experience as a professional string educator and orchestra director n public schools. At most of my schools I was expected to teach beginners...
  16. Replies
    Views

I've been following it with interest. I'm learning violin (three years in) and I've used Doflein, O'Connor, and Suzuki, as well as supplemental books like Wohlfahrt and the Whistler position books...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: A bold ToneRite claim

Balderdash, flummery, and poppycock.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe

When Flatt and Scruggs left the Blue Grass boys to start their own band, Monroe was upset. He also didn't like Scruggs and his banjo being considered the "essential" instrumental part of bluegrass. ...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Goodbye Planet Bluegrass????

If you read the Cybergrass article it'll make more sense. Bluegrass Today also reported on it. What's going on is that there has been for some time serious infighting among board members. Nancy...
  20. Thread: Kimble #220

by Timothy S
    Replies
    Views

Kimble #220

On Tuesday I received Kimble #220! I was apprehensive about ordering a mandolin blind, but Will exceeded my expectations and was very easy to work with. Here are a few quick photos, and please...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Heaven!

ok Journeybear...you are totally right and what kind of newbie am I to leave the elder statesmen on here hanging like that. so to make it up for you I will write the story of how I came to know the...
  22. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Heaven!

Found some awesome and unique mandolins at the store the other day. Took some pics to share. Enjoy! :disbelief:

23. Replies
    Views

Re: Could Bill Monroe Read Music??

I don't think he played mandolin either.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip thoughts

If you find the pick too bright or trebly for your liking, you'd be better off by sanding it to remove more of the BEVEL, rather than simply trying to round the corner, per se. Put another way, you...
  25. Replies
    Views

Ways to Get More From Your Practice Time?

As we head into the colder months, a lot of students have been wanting to really focus their practice time. So I wrote up a list of a few primary strategies I've used over the years.

I'd love to...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4