Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Ordered a Northfield F5S, Received a Big Mon Wide Nut by Mist

You did the right thing by notifying the vendor of their mistake. If it turns out you get to keep it somehow great but if not enjoy the new F5S.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Jethro and friends

Here's a link that works in Canada. I believe this is the same show. If you provide the performer and title of a video, a person who can't link because of their region or other issues can enter that...
  3. Emory Lester set at Montana fiddle camp video

Music starts at 34:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkDoYNaaU10&list=PLpSlUUg-rYoSf89EE932zZbX5PlTNREIV&index=10
  4. Re: Marty Stuart solo mandolin in KC as a train joins in

The new album, "Altitude," is due out on May 19th. Here's that song, "Space," from the show I saw. I think he sounds just a wee bit tentative on the instrument, or maybe he's just holding back a bit....
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando vibro?

I found this video, in which Caterina Lichtenberg explains, how tremolo is executed on classical mandolin.
    It's done in a sideways motion like in classical guitar, as opposed to an...
  6. Replies
    Views

David Surette's health

David has been battling with cancer for quite a few years and decided to go public with it in a recent note to his mailing list. I was unaware of any of this and so asked for his and Susie's...
  7. Re: Anyone Know where I can find a used Gilchrist

And Women:)
  8. Thread: Cubs!

by WoMando
    Replies
    Views

Re: Cubs!

Wish Steve Goodman had lived to see it.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Cool mandolin T shirts

What about the Duffey T that Bush wore?
  10. Replies
    Views

The Emory Lester Set, from the mid 90's

A buddy turned me on to this, just wonderful. When Emory burst on the scene, it was a real treat. This long clip is that sound/feel.

8AbLOed8u2o
  11. Re: Where can I learn more about Jethro Burns?

I'm always delighted when anyone discovers Jethro and wants to know more. He was my teacher, hero,and friend. Please allow me to share a few facts and leads..

The original poster may want to dig...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Electronic Music - It Has No Soul?

Two different people, two different opinions. Stay true to yourself and respect his right to the same.
  13. Thread: Fred Weisz

by Dawg
    Replies
    Views

Fred Weisz

It is with a heavy heart that I share the news that my dear friend and musical colleague for nearly 60 years, Fred Weisz, passed away this past Wednesday, March 16, in Everett, Washington. Fred was...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Can any song be played in any scale?

We used to play "Turkey in the Straw" in freygish/hijaz mode - and called it "Turkish in the Straw".
  15. One way to get an affordable old Gibson A

A few months ago I hypothesised here that I might be able to find a damaged but repairable old Gibson A. My theory was that there must be instruments that need a lot of expensive repair work that...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Buzz Busby

Just another note....I bought a 1950 Gibson F-12 and went to watch Buzz one night and asked him to play it on the stage so I could hear what it sounded like with someone else playing it and he...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Drum Rudiments to Picking Exercises

Interesting article. I can see how working through all – what? 40? – rudiments like this would be excellent for your right hand.

It's free! Link:
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Sam Bush-Style Rythm Chops

Here is a workshop given by Sam and Dominick Leslie, he talks in some detail about the "chop" and his approach to rhythm mandolin from about 7 minutes, hope this helps :)
  19. Re: where to stay in the greater Nashville area

Always stay at a Motel 6 then people will believe that you are a musician!
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Give picture title -

Practicing my scales...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Give picture title -

Playing my beater, while the Fern is in the shop....
  22. Replies
    Views

Just Thankful To Be Pickin

Each one of us who has chosen to play music has given ourselves a portion of life that is almost indescribable. Something about that mandolin that helped me through the roughest year of my life.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: I still don`t believe it...

"Judas!" :grin:
  24. Thread: Turkey Songs

by tree
    Replies
    Views

Re: Turkey Songs

Doesn't exactly scream "Thanksgiving", but . . . I Am A Pilgrim might be good for a laugh if you play it as an instrumental - even if no one recognizes the title, you could announce it after you...
  25. Thread: Turkey Songs

by Hudmister
    Replies
    Views

Re: Turkey Songs

Play your best stuff and try to be as entertaining as you can. Upbeat music with a joyous heart will set a thankful tone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3