Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Republic Guitars has a few Highway 49 reso tenors in stock!

I am pleased with it...well built, loud and pretty.
    I like the round neck shape and string spacing at the nut is good but I don't care for the spacing at the saddle. I removed the saddle from the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gold Tone TG-18

thanks...I really like it now...played it outside with a group today alongside a friend with a Pono BN-30D who liked the Gold Tone so much, we traded. not my idea but I couldn't turn it down. now I...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: another Republic Highway 49 coming

my hwy 49 tenor has an aged polished nickel finish that is really nice. my bright nickel one was too bright and shiny. the neck is a plain wood with a nice dark brown finish and is very...
  4. Replies
    Views

thanks, good to know..I'll watch out for that. I think I will buy a biscuit bridge blank for that possibility too. I remain very happy with it, so far.
  5. Replies
    Views

Republic got here today. I like the aged nickel finish. It's a little louder than the Royall, using the same strings. I changed out the undersized tuners. I am playing with a glass slide on my...
  6. Replies
    Views

another Republic Highway 49 coming

couldn't adjust to the Royall pear shape so I sold it. I had no complaints about it's performance or quality.
    I sold a Republic a few years ago and have been kicking myself ever since, so I ordered...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Royall Tenor Resonator

well, I didn't really know what to expect but it's here and I am very pleased...even the gig bag is good.
    the reso.has a great brassy sound. It is very similar to the Republic Hwy. 49...same...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording King ROST-7-TS - part 1

if anyone is interested...the Lowden guitar Greven tortise pick guard that Guitar Gallery has in stock fits perfectly189876
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording King ROST-7-TS - part 1

had mine for 4 days now. I adjusted the truss rod and hung the guitar on a hook overnight. the fret board flattened out at the 14th fret. it took a huge (more than I've ever done before)...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

had a friend bring one to a jam last night. he recieved it Thursday from Sweetwater. It had none of the issues previously mentioned...fret work and action were great. I'm am acoustic player but...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Banjo Love

I'm Chicago tuning on everything, including my banjos. my 0-18t tenor guitar is strung with 2 silk and steel wound strings and Thomastik-Infeld wound nylon tape trebles. Where I get odd is my...