Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Any new pedals for multi-instrumentalists?

Hi,
    I'm a multi-instrumentalist, too, gigging with guitars, mandolin, dobro, bouzouki, banjo, weissenborn, octave mandolin, sometimes mandolin, mandocello.
    I tried and still own various preamps:...
  2. Replies
    Views

Any new pedals for multi-instrumentalists?

I currently play seven different acoustic instruments on stage with my band. For quite a few years I have been using a Zoom A3 (not AC-3). This pedal allows me to setup presets for each instrument...
  3. Re: Wireless? What are you using and how is it connected?

I also use the g50.i clip it to my belt about 4 oclock.
    I play mandolin guitar and bass in the band so am switching alot..the receiver goes into a a/b switch which splits into ch 1 and 2 of a grace...
  4. Re: Wireless? What are you using and how is it connected?

Some work - some don't. It depends on the combination of transducer and transmitter. The problem is that the 'guitar' models tends to be optimised for magnetic pickups or for electro-acoustics with...
  5. Re: Wireless? What are you using and how is it connected?

Line6 G50, with my K&K.
    Receiver plugs into preamp/amp
    I hear their latest gear is possibly unreliable. The g50 has seen me through four years of energetic regular gigs.. The g30 is awful. Worst...
  6. Re: Wireless? What are you using and how is it connected?

there is no need to preamp before transmitting. Transmitters are digital and very transparent. They do not color the signal. My wife plays violin and has a Zeta solid body and an acoustic fiddle. ...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplification Help

Sidestepping the Usual 'I Got an [X*] and you should do like I did' answer.

to a general Idea.. :whistling:

Use the 1/4" Preamp Output and run it into a small powered PA cabinet ..

PA ...
  8. Thread: What's in a name

by Tom C
    Replies
    Views

Re: What's in a name

Unless it's written inside on label or somewhere, call it as you wish. I do not give names to inanimate objects.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Worship Music

OK, I know I will get blasted for saying this, but I've played worship music at church every weekend pretty much continuously since 1978 and when I started converting from mostly-guitar to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: On performance and anxiety

Self-criticism and it's desastrous effects are described in detail in these books:
    - T. Gallwey The Inner Game of Music
    - S. Beilock Choke

Basically, the human brain is divided in two parts:...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: On performance and anxiety

This is a great thread. I think as artists, we put a lot of pressure on ourselves because we want to play well, make the music not the mistakes. I believe most of the nerves and fear we have is self...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing alongside loud electric guitars?

From my informal experiments over many years, it appears that for 99 out of 100 players the volume knob on their instruments works in only one direction. That means that in the end the only way to be...
  13. Re: Playing alongside loud electric guitars?

I'm thinking it was Schoolhouse Rock or something like it, with the little ditty "there's a gizmo or a gadget or a thing-a-ma-bob; you need the proper tool to do the proper job." Sure, a real pro...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Playing alongside loud electric guitars?

Yeah. Rocket surgery is doable. Getting guys on electric guitars to turn their volume down isn't.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Wireless hand held mic recommendations?

VOCOPRO has a 4 mic set (wireless) that is not truly professional level but good for church singing / speaking.
    I paid about 270$/set (ordering 3 sets at once, listed 360$ per set at GC).
    The range...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Wireless hand held mic recommendations?

What Almeriastrings said. Budget at least $500 - $600 for one of the quality brands mentioned. I use a Sennheiser EW 100 series wireless system for my clip-on mandolin mic, and I've had good results...
  17. Re: Wireless hand held mic recommendations?

Sennheiser
    Sony
    Shure
    AKG

True diversity system. Avoid all cheap, low end options.....or go wired.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Small portable pa

Oh, I'll knock them. :)

Assuming we're talking about the compact analog models with low channel counts, the big objection I have with not just Behringer but also Mackie and other small mixers, is...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Weird Behavior From Band Mate(s)

JB,

In all honesty, yes I do think it's funny. A little bit. If your saga amuses me it's because I've been in similar situations. The laughter your story evokes would qualify as rueful laughter....
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Weird Behavior From Band Mate(s)

I would disagree with these comments. To offer up "kindness and generosity" and be disgruntled because you are not recognized for it is to not understand kindness and generosity and becomes merely...
  21. Re: What do you do when things go wrong at a gig?(No mandolin con

I always try to turn something like that to my advantage.

If you are trying to give a serious power point presentation and it doesn't work, then you certainly do have problems.
    But if it's a...
  22. Re: Will $2,750 get me the right one the first time?

If you dont play it first, it will be the wrong one. It really is that simple.
  23. Thread: Too old?

by bobby bill
    Replies
    Views

Re: Too old?

You shouldn't look at "playing the mandolin" as a destination and wonder whether you have enough time to get there. Fact is, few, if any of us, arrive at this mythical destination. You've got to...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish tenor banjo - Open back or Resonator?

I should have said, "most of the prominent Irish players use 19 fret tenors because they think they sound better." :-)

I object to Gold Tone's characterization of a 17 fret as "Irish." It's...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: bad dream

Noticed this only now - you woke up in the wrong genre! No wonder you're feeling sad.
Page 1 of 2 1 2