Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

It's a big subject.

Here's some news everyone should already know. If you're on social media you've almost certainly already interacted with, seeing/reading, posts and comments created by AI with...
  2. Replies
    Views

And another...

https://www.nkforsterguitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/04/irish-bouzouki-1024x632.jpeg

Another bouzouki heading off to the USA in a couple of days. Video to follow...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Damaged Gibson F5

Gail is still doing repair work, and has indicated that she will resume building soon.
  4. Thread: lamps

by Gibsonman
    Replies
    Views

lamps

I guess I am putting this in the right section. Here are 3 lamps I made just wanted to see how you folks like them.212827 212828
  5. Re: AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

AI doesn't create. It's a plagiarism machine--it steals ideas from humans and regurgitates them in slightly different forms. Copyright lawsuits have already been filed by visual artists and...
  6. AI and music: Billie Eilish, Sheryl Crow and Jon Bon Jovi

This was released yesterday and has been picked up by an untold number of sites. Worth sharing for sure. A list of musicians with legitimate concerns about how artificial intelligence is being used....
  7. Replies
    Views

Big news from Gibson!

I'd get one just for the day pass!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: More Gibson Antics

Gibson's trademarks are not really the "issue" with lots of people, it is the companies' heavy handed tactics related to such.
    C F Martin has trademarks too. The "rectangular" peghead being one of...
  9. Replies
    Views

My dad's fern mandolin

No, not my dad. This person's dad:

https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.adn4676
  10. Replies
    Views

OK, What Are The Odds ?

Changing strings on my mando this afternoon. New E-string slips out of my hand and falls perfectly into the tiny narrow space between the plug of my electronic metronome cord and the wall socket. ...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: How to combat memorization tendencies?

When you practice do you stop and “correct” any clams you play? DON’T DO THAT! If you stop when you practice you’ll train yourself to stop when you play. Play through your errors, keeping the feel of...
  12. Re: Current state of the art flat top mandolin

Thank you. The tailpiece cover has been a long time coming but I like the result. It took hours and hours of laborious work to get it right, but now I can make them fairly easily. I was going to...
  13. Replies
    Views

Czech jazz song "Klobouk ve krovi"

Name song "klobouk ve křoví" (Hat in the bush)

Music: Jaroslav Jezek (1906-1942)

arr: Ondrej Sarek

https://youtu.be/C1kVDgZDvXs
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Folk songs from Boskovice

for CGDA Mandola

Songs: Nechcu te, panenko 00:00; Korenec, Korenec 00:26; Kdyz sem byl malicky 00:44; Kdes tak, ma panenko 01:03; Joz, joz, joz 01:19; Jedlicko jedlova 01:34; Ja touto steztickou...
  15. Current state of the art flat top mandolin

This is my latest 4th generation flat top mandolin. This is the culmination of 12 years of work improving the sound of the flat top mandolin. It all started from the fact that it is possible to...
  16. Replies
    Views

for DAD Seagull Merlin

Songs: Zafokej, vetricku 00:00; V tom jarnim case 00:30; Sla babicka do Jevicka 01:06; Stoji borovenka borova 01:35; Sazela sem hrosko v homne 02:06; Povez mne, ma mila...
  17. Replies
    Views

How to pack an instrument for shipping

Tony Williamson put this video together for a seller who had no experience shipping a valuable instrument. We thought it was well done and had great information that it should be available to all for...
  18. Replies
    Views

for Mandolin

Songs: Zafokej, vetricku 00:00; Tam na te louce zelene 00:27; Svitila mne jasna hvezdicka 00:44; Stoji borovenka borova 01:03; Proc ten pansky mostek 01:20; Povez mne, ma mila panenko...
  19. Noting the anniversary of this feature.

Noting the anniversary of this feature.
  20. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Duet: Kdyz jsem sel z hub

Music Jaroslav Jankovec
    Morce Stavitel: Melodica, Timple Canario, Ukulele and Mandolin
    Ondrej Sarek: Plectrum Banjo, Mandola, Tres Cubano and Melodeon

https://youtu.be/RJYJTye1BvA
  22. Re: Paul Hostetter's website is available ....

I didn't know Paul was from the Detroit area (before my time) and that he'd taught at Fava's - where I studied classical and jazz guitar in the 70s. Fava's was "The" place.
  23. MP3 of the Day - Man Masth Hua by Two Macha from the album Two Ma

MP3 of the Day

From the Mandolin Cafe MP3 Library.

Song title: Man Masth Hua
    By: Man Masth Hua by Two Macha from the album Two Macha
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

The mandolin is gone so no reason for it to be public.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Demonstrating a mandolin

Here's what I do when I make a video to sell a mando: open strings, open chords, a slow doublestop harmonized scale on each pair of strings, a tune that uses all the strings--not played too fast, a...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4