Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: All of My 2020 Festivals Have Been Cancelled

I feel like I've been cancelled! How about you?
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The sound of a Girouard mandola

Nice music, great road trip!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Best of times; the worst of times.

Best to you these days and may they be filled with as much peace as is possible.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Doubt about a banjo for Bluegrass

As we all know, if you get a 5-string, and have it in standard G tuning for bluegrass, it will be a different experience for your brain. The brain craves novelty and learning new things. It will be...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Are All Lloyd Loars Dropping In Price?

I liken the Lloyd Loars to paintings by the Old Masters. You know they are old, you know the artist, there are only so many of them, and they hold a lot of meaning in the art world. Sure, you can get...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Doubt about a banjo for Bluegrass

I wonder if you got a 5 string banjo, could you tune strings 1,2,3,4 to a tenor banjo tuning, and tune the 5th string to a note that would compliment the tenor banjo tuning. You'd probably get a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Daily Cleaning Routine

If you wash you hands before playing it helps. You may think that you don't need to, but you may be wrong.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Derrington & Harvey era Gibsons

I've played three (3) Derrington F5 models, and there was a marked difference in tone and appearance. So I'm sure there are marked differences between Derrington and Harvey. There are marked...
  9. Re: **Josh Pinkham, Red Diamond Mandolins, and D'addario Picks**

If memory serves me well, there were six (6) Red Diamond "Replicas" made, plus one to the owner (John Reischman), so there are seven of them out there. At the Red Diamond website the Reischman...
  10. Replies
    Views

I Wish I Were An Electrician!

In the classifieds, Lowell Levinger wants to trade a 1923 Gibson F-5 Loar signed July 9, 1923 for electric and solar installation work on his house. Man oh man, do I wish I were/was an electrician!
  11. Re: **Josh Pinkham, Red Diamond Mandolins, and D'addario Picks**

I may have missed it in the video, and it looks like it, is that Red Diamond the "Reischman Replica" model that was made specifically for John? Some years ago John Reischman told me he sold it to...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 75th Birthday Today, David Grisman!

Has anyone done MORE for acoustic music than DG, regarding playing/performing, creating, preserving, and getting music to the world (Acoustic Disc company = CDs, etc. for sale to the public)? Happy...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: OneMic Series- The David Grisman Quintet

"Dawg Pound," haven't heard that one before. LIKE! Same thing happened to me in the 1980's when I discovered Mr. G. in the SF Bay area. Nice picture.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

Yes, there are many victims who "hear with their eyes." Just my opinion. Wonder who has that Dudenbostel now?
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

"Incredible" - Adjective: Impossible to believe. Synonyms: Unbelievable, beyond belief.
    Adjective: Difficult to believe. Synonyms: Magnificent, marvelous, spectacular,...
  16. Thread: Playing Solo..

by JAK
    Replies
    Views

Re: Playing Solo..

Check out "Mandolin Mondays" on YouTube. Everyone plays solo.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield mandolins

Be grateful for what you have, and be grateful for what you are going to have....
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Day - Ellis

Glad you are enjoying your Ellis Mike. What other high-end/well known makers of mandolins did you try before choosing the Ellis?
  19. Re: edit of the bluegrass album with only bobby hick's solos

How about, "Kenny Baker plays Bill Monroe," record/cd. You could do Bill's mandolin breaks.
  20. Re: Gibson Ricky Skaggs Distressed Master Model - My New Mandolin

Looks like #13 is for sale at Carter Vintage Guitars in Nashville.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Visit to Carter Vintage Guitars

It's a 2,333 mile drive for me....
  22. Re: Live From Here - Is There a Better Music Show ANYWHERE?

"Be yourself, and be yourself the best you can. Everybody else is taken."
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: In praise of mandolin builder Matt Ruhland

That mandolin has Punch brother!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Michael A Lewis Mandolins

Hang in there Michael, you've gone through a lot. You are one of the best, hope to see you around Grass Valley at the 2020 FDF Bluegrass Festival, maybe just as an attendee to take in everything that...
  25. Thread: A pair of Diamonds

by JAK
    Replies
    Views

Re: A pair of Diamonds

How does the F model compare to the A model regarding volume and tone?
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4