Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Happy Birthday Dennis Vance, hoping for a transplant

Happy birthday, Dennis.
    I watched your video and can assure you that you have always met your goal of dealing fairly and professionally where I have been concerned -- and that goes back to your days...
  2. Happy Birthday Dennis Vance, hoping for a transplant

Happy birthday today to The Mandolin Store's Dennis Vance. Hoping everyone will join in on us congratulating him on another trip around the sun.

Zach, Dennis' son, tells me he's just been released...
  3. Replies
    Views

Prayer for Dennis @ The Mandolin Store

For those of you so inclined, I would ask that you keep Dennis Vance in your prayers. He is facing some medical issues that must be addressed in the near future. I do not wish to, nor do I intend to...
  4. Amazing video of Josh Luttrell finishing an Ellis

Thought we could all use some soothing relaxing video to watch today.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Informal Poll

Yep - I have and will likely do it again. Although not a professional (or even a great amateur) playing music is my #1 joy in this world outside of friends and family. I know many people who spend...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Why do people only sell the great ones?

Sales is sales...

But, I've parted with an instrument that I thought was one of the best I played. The issue was it just didn't suit my hand, and I believe that if you start modifying an...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: No more EXP74's?

Here is how the Mandolin EXP to XT conversion works out. I've also attached the other acoustic family instrument spec sheet FWIW.

EXP74
    XTM1140
    Set Mandolin XT Phosphor Bronze, 11-40, Medium
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Woodstock

Thank you for your service.
  9. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Sorry guys, of all the things to be outraged about in the world today this don’t make the list! :popcorn:
  10. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

These guitars were Gibson's property, so they can certainly do with them what they like. But what a shameful waste this was.

From a natural resources standpoint (wood, metals, finishes,...
  11. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Good thing there are no kids anywhere in the world whose lives could be made a little better by having access to a guitar...
  12. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

If Gibson's reasoning was right that these "counterfeit instruments" destroy their market, then why do they join the fray by posing as bad-tempered Scrooges in front of the musicians they want to...
  13. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

"Hey everybody... Mark here. I'd like to demonstrate my profound respect for iconic instruments like this one I'm holding...The Big Daddy of them all.

To do so I decided to put on a...
  14. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Agree. I hate to see when things change from simple human logic to pure law & cash flow dictate. That's what is happening in many other areas - we probably don't know how many such issues and...
  15. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

From the post made several hours ago here, since you can't link to those database searches without them expiring I took screen shots of the three which are posted below. I believe in that post, the...
  16. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

New management, same old stuff.

Gibson seems to have difficulty adapting to a changing market and manufacturing environment.
    Electric guitar sales are down world-wide. Electric guitar oriented...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't be nervous

We'll agree to disagree then. :)

To my mind, there is no "one size fits all" rule for jams, where beginners should have automatic entitlement to participate. I believe advanced players have just...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Don't be nervous

I wouldn't make a snap judgement without knowing the circumstances and history of that jam. Like some of the higher-end Irish sessions in my area, this jam could have a history of people wandering in...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Daily Dawg

Newly Wedding

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=6&v=UELYPK9Ttg0
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: The Search Continues... Part 2

Allow me to extend my heartfelt congratulations and general huzzahs!

And my petty jealousy as well..

:mandosmiley:
  21. Re: Ellis A5 #339-15 and a Visit to the Ellis Shop

Here's a little sound clip, with a couple breaks on East Virginia Blues. As usual, recorded with a Kodak Zi8 video camera and recorded with the built-in mic. No EQ or any processing except...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Relatively expensive mandolins

I think the OP is looking for a response from someone like me, because I bought a mandolin that cost over 7,500 and spent more for it than appropriate for my salary/life situation. I bought a new...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: The 'Perfect' Mandolin?

The Perfect Mandolin would be the one that gives you a whole lot of pleasure at any given time. Happiness, joy, enjoyment - that's perfect, we need as much of that in our lives as we can get.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: The search continues...

I've been a skeptic of Dem's reasoning and search from the beginning and really thought this was some sort of social media experiment. However, watching some of the videos and listening to Dem's...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: The search continues...

With each new post to this trainwreck of a thread, I feel increasingly vindicated about all the helpful advice that was offered, but promptly ignored. And shame on those of you who told me to shut...
Page 1 of 2 1 2