Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eletric mandolin indians

You can buy one here.

And here are their acoustic mandolins. I like the looks of the MANDOLIN - ROSE WOOD (F-Hole):

2. Replies
    Views

Re: Eletric mandolin indians

Only a Givson is good enough.

I think it's one of their electric models. It might not be available in that color this year.
  3. Replies
    Views

Very old electric mandolin

Anyone recognize this for a brand or time?
    http://i68.############/hukavk.jpg
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Photos of people with kay mandolin

How about this one?
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Epiphone Strand 1940s

I see no one has mention the "Monroe" factor on this one. Yours is the same year as Monroe's famous Epi Strand made in 1945. It's rare period. Being a wartime New York Epiphone is rare for guitars...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Advices on Electric Mandolins

You should be able get Gold Tone there. They have a 4 and a 5 string electric.

https://goldtonemusicgroup.com/goldtone/instruments/gme-5
  7. Replies
    Views

Sleepwalk with Mandobird VIII

To play electric mandolin is another world, really. One must to deal with amplifiers, mics, pc software, etc. and the technique! a strong pick stroke/tremolo and you get distortion...sometimes is...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Joe Maphis doubleneck

Speaking of which, what is that acoustic f-hole mandolin he was playing? Anyone have a clue? Doesn't look familiar to me as a regular line from any maker.
  9. Replies
    Views

Old Kay Kraft questions!

Hey all,

I got my dad's old Kay Kraft mandolin and know almost nothing about it. He died about ten years ago, and was a guitar player, but collected instruments to play around on. Anyway, here are...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Pickup question

Electrifying an acoustic mando is challenging. I went with a Lace Dobro suspended from the finger-rest and a couple piezos mounted K&K style inside.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Soldier with mandolin in first world war

Reminds me of Captain Corelli's Mandolin of course that is ww2
  12. Still at it....Occasionally..... The "White Budgie"

Thought you might find this amusing.....I finished this a while back and the owner jogged my memory having posted some stuff of his band at Glastonbury festival....This was a really fun build - he...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What are your favorite blues keys?

I can play the blues in any key, it matters not.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Soldier with mandolin in first world war

We are in the centennial anniversary of WWI and hardly a week goes by that doesn't memorialize some gruesome event. Wonderful to think for a moment about the mandolin as a kind of shelter from the...
  15. Re: Soldier with mandolin in first world war

An Italian POW:

16. Re: Soldier with mandolin in first world war

The young chap on our right is playing a balalaika (probably), but the one in the centre of the pic - definitely looks like a mandolin to me. Here's another:

This photo is from the cover...
  17. Replies
    Views

TG 50 with DeArmond tenor guitar pickup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29eJxUm_SP0

I'm almost positive this is from the 30's. Flat back, with an archtop. What do you think of her?

David
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: bluegrass on electric mandocello

Well, you're going to have to buy yourself one and then try to build a band around it, but don't be surprised if you get a citation from the bluegrass police. Because an electric mandocello in...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: jethro electric mandolin

He plays the fender electric on several cuts on "It Ain't necessarily Square" which was a record of jazz standards he did with Homer and a band. Someone re-released it a few years ago. I saw...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: bluegrass on electric mandocello

Is that a guitar conversion? Who's the builder of this beast? What's the scale length?

Probably not going to get a lot of use in bluegrass bands, except maybe to play bass lines.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Clarence White solo album?

33 Guitar Instrumentals is awesome.
  22. Replies
    Views

Rukavina electric mandola

I just got my custom 16" scale electric mandola from Ryan Rukavina. He does beautiful work, and this thing is a little wooden jewel! Ryan hand makes his own pickups, and it sounds great through a...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: '30s A style with '50s pickup

The pickups seems to be this model:
    http://www.chrisguitars.com/dearmond-floating-pickup.jpg

Only the screws go into the top (no cutting out needed) , and I'd bet that they are not affecting the...