Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Oldest L-5! Lloyd Loar Signature!Analysis

This is a fantastic analysis of a recently discovered L-5 which turned out to be the oldest known example! It was signed on February 28th 1923 and was in remarkable shape- just a 1940s tailpiece and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: I miss the Classified Guitar posts....

Think of the time you save not drooling over guitars you’re not going to buy…
    Take a stroll outside in the sunshine, smell the flowers, greet small woodland creatures…

: )

Kirk
  3. Replies
    Views

Finally, a Lyon & Healy Set

It took a good long while and more wheeling and dealing (and spousal apologizing) than I've ever done, but I've managed to put together a full Lyon & Healy Quartet.

All are player grade - the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Grisman Going Viral

Hey everyone! Thanks to all of you who have watched my interview with the Dawg. It's gotten nearly 5,000 views in four days. Sweet!

https://youtu.be/nMQxNvoDlDY?si=LN5lnxSuzQ3jgeuD
  5. Thread: Glen Duncan

by Astocek
    Replies
    Views

Glen Duncan

I've been thinking about Glen Duncan since hearing about his accident. The Mandolin Store raffle is a great way to support him.

Here's a cool video of Chris Henry interviewing Glen. I am sure...
  6. Mike Marshall & Darol Anger show on 2/9/24

My DH and I went to this concert Friday night at the Groton Hill Music Center in Groton, Mass. (This is the second show I've seen at this venue, the sound is superb).

Here's a few pictures from...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Best way to learn Mandolin with ADHD

Best way NOT to learn mandolin with ADHD: “Practice something until you can play it x number of times without a mistake before moving on”

Best way to learn mandolin with ADHD: Think of three or...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How to de-skunk a mando?

The only thing I've found that truly works is an ozone generator. You can buy a small one for $25 on Amazon. I bought an old Vega banjo from an individual that must have been a chain smoker. I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: How to de-skunk a mando?

Unfortunately what your smelling is on the surface, not simply in the air around it. Clean it with a soft damp rag on the outside. Simply replacing the odor with another odor isn't a permanent...
  10. Replies
    Views

Peter Ostroushko

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was the anniversary of Peter Ostroushko's passing and I just wanted to post today in memory of him and his music. If you are looking for beautiful music to inspire you...