Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Leo Lindblom "St. Anne's Reel"

Here is a video I put together from a little jamming Leo and I did at the 2022 Alan Bibey Mandolin camp last week. We had a ball! lot of guys that frequent the Cafe were there. Lots of great...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Asheville Jams?

Thursday Nights at Jack Of The Wood. Every Thursday night they have a bluegrass jam after a little house band plays. Lot of fun. Some real good musicians often show up and their is always a large...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Darren Nicholson and Friends

Darren is tops man! Great guy and amazing musician to boot
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 Duff A5

Awesome! I'm sure you will like it. He builds great stuff and is very consistent. Let us see and hear it once you take delivery!
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: calton case question

Here is a pic
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: 2020 Duff A5

Picked up a new 2021 Duff 2 point at Carters during SPBGMA and love it!
    Here is a video….
    https://youtu.be/52gCtyAKHHU
    https://youtu.be/52gCtyAKHHU
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: calton case question

I know for a fact that the new design has added room at the headstock… I purchased a mandolin at Carters in Nashville last week and Cristy Carter showed me the Carlton’s to pick from for a case. The...
  8. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Exactly!! that's why they say "to each his own" I guess. Everybody has different preferences..... don't mean any one is better than another, just listener preference. Thanks!

- - - Updated - -...
  9. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

The “Reveal” video will premier tomorrow at noon eastern time on YouTube and will include which mandolins were which numbers as well as some cool footage of Tom Isenhour talking about the ‘23 Loar...
  10. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Thanks for giving it a listen!!
  11. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Thanks for listening and giving your input! hope to have the "reveal" in a week or so.
  12. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Good Point!
  13. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Thanks! It was a fun little project. I’m in Nashville most of this week but when I get back home I’ll start working on the reveal video and get it out in a week or so after people hav had time to...
  14. Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Here I played 6 mandolins on the same tune, with same strings, pic, mics, etc. so you could listen and hear differences. Comment below which you like best and we will reveal what each one is in a...
  15. Official Music Video for Green Eyed Girl (Original)

https://youtu.be/venmgwDCaDo

Here is our music video for Green Eyed Girl off our new album. Mike, Our bass player wrote this one.
    If your so inclined... you can get the album at:...
  16. Replies
    Views

Our New Album....

Our new album "Ramblin On" hit #2 on the APD Global Radio Indicator Charts for Bluegrass this week! Check it out using the link below on Spotify, Apple Music, Pandora, Deezer, iTunes, Etc.
    Be...
  17. Re: Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

I have a couple Hoffee's and I highly recommend the padded neoprene shoulder strap. I bought one for just about every case I have. It makes a big difference when toting around all day at a...
  18. Re: Curt Mangan GW Signature Strings question

Howdy fellas! My Signature Monel Set are the same materials as any of their Monel sets are. As far as gauges go, My set have a 40 G and a 26 D just like a set of J74s would.... I never liked the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Monel strings

The discount code for 20% off anything you order at Curt Mangan is "WISEMAN20" (all caps).
    These are the same Guages as the D'a ECP74CMs... I like the 11.5 E and the 16 A's
    Curt Mangan Monel...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Adventures in Clip-On Mics

As promised... here are pics of the magnetic mount I explained above. Easy, cheap and it works great. Been gigging with this set up for a couple weeks now and it works great. Also, the magnetic...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Adventures in Clip-On Mics

I actually found a perfect way to mount these clip on mics to a mandolin with a tone guard. you need to purchase a little magnetic phone mount like the one made by Schoche. 178389 these come with...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Airloom Recurve review

Awesome man! Good video and I bet it will be nice at festivals and camps for sure... The lighter the better is some cases (pun intended). We only really need that Calton/Hoffee level protection...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Swannanoa Gathering 2019

LOL.... I might be good looking but you would make us all sound bad... lol
  24. Re: what kind of glue for sound board transducer?

When I put my K&K in, I just used a small amount of gel superglue. The double sided tape that came with the pickup didn't work so well playing outside in the heat and humidity. I was at a festival...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Trying out Curt Mangan strings...

If your using, or want to try out some Curt Mangan Strings, use promo code "WISEMAN20" (all caps) at checkout and you'll get 20% off your entire order. This code does not expire and can be used...
Page 1 of 2 1 2