Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: 8-string tenor guitar

That's correct Fox. I contacted Saga and they told me that anything less than 100lb would be fine.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Congratulations!
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Middle four tuning

A big "uke" that sounds like a guitar. :mandosmiley: I readily admit that I moved to a tenor guitar tuned DGBE because six strings were too much for this bass player to handle. The funny thing is...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Soares'y Electric Tenor

I got one of the last Warren Ellis 2Ps with the 2 mini-humbuckers (no trem, made in Korea). It is a great sounding guitar. I always receive complements on my tone when I play it. I'm not sure why...
  5. Re: Best middle or lower-priced tenor guitar?

The Ibanez Fox referenced is probably your best bang for the buck. I love my Blueridge BR-60T, but the Ibanez has a solid sitka spruce top, has good sound, and is half the price of the BR-60T.
  6. Re: Acoustic Tenor Guitar and Low Tension String Recommendations

Having lower tension strings shouldn't damage the guitar at all. The lower tension strings just won't bring out the full sound of the instrument.
  7. Re: Strings for Warren Ellis Electric Tenor tuned Chicago style.

I use Chicago tuning for my Warren Ellis 2P tenor guitar and I started with D'Addario EJ21 Jazz Nickel strings (0.012 - 0.032). They had decent tone, but after experimenting with many different...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for an electric tenor

I play a made in Korea Eastwood Warren Ellis 2P tenor guitar. I have the discontinued model with the two humbucking pickups. I use Rotosound R12 Purple strings (...
  9. Re: Should I spend money on powered monitors or new mains?

I would keep the K10 powered speakers as the mains and buy 8 inch powered speakers to use as monitors (unless the K10s are not sufficient as mains). For acoustic type work, 10 inch powered speakers...
  10. Thread: BAS(s)

by Chip Stewart
    Replies
    Views

Re: BAS(s)

I also just started playing bass again after a 2 year hiatus. I'm really feeling it in my left forearm. It takes a lot more strength to fret a bass than it does to fret a tenor guitar.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Rush Boost Pedal

I didn't have a DI available so I used my mixing board to match impedances. The signal path was microphone to mixing board to Rush Booster pedal to powered speaker. Using my Blueridge BR-60T there...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Rush Boost Pedal

Jeff is correct. I am using it with my Warren Ellis electric tenor guitar. I go from the tenor guitar to a DigiTech RP255 modeling pedal to the Rush Booster pedal to the PA.

If I get a chance...
  13. Replies
    Views

Rush Boost Pedal

I purchased a T C Electronics Rush Boost pedal. It was relatively inexpensive and works very well. It does not color the tone at all when turned off or on. I use it when I do a solo to get me...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

A picture of me performing with my band Sheff Stew on my Warren Ellis 2P electric tenor guitar.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Electric Tenor

Great tone! Thanks for sharing.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Am I crazy?

After not playing my 6 string instruments for over a year and a half I sold my two 6 string electrics and one 6 string acoustic. I now play only tenor guitar and bass guitar. I have absolutely no...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor Guitar Gallery & Sightings

The Mastersons singing "Birds Fly South". The Eastwood Warren Ellis Tenor really sings on this tune.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ogp273mms
  18. Replies
    Views

Warren Ellis 2P Tenor Guitar Review

When I received my Warren Ellis 2P tenor guitar with two minihumbuckers the bridge pickup was severely crooked. I removed the strings and used a small screwdriver to raise the bass side of the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tenor guitar kit on eBay

I corresponded with Mike Soares via email. He has closed his shop and is selling off the unfinished projects he has. The unfinished tenor guitar on ebay referenced above is being sold by him. He...
  20. Re: Suggest a tenor guitar to string as octave mandolin please

Mountain View Music has one in stock and the price is pretty good ( www.mountainviewmusic.com/product-p/c-1511.htm ). Haight Asbury Music also has one with a little higher price (...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: new br40 coming....

I tune my Blueridge BR-60T in Chicago tuning (DGBE) and use John Pearse bluegrass strings ( www.juststrings.com/jps-650lm.html ). They sound amazing! I tried DR strings and D'Addario strings before...
  22. Re: Pros/Teachers - What is the most important tip you can give?

My primary instrument is bass, so I work with a metronome every time I practice. What's important is using a metronome to teach yourself how to keep time. I play a walking 12 bar blues bass line...
  23. Thread: smalll PA

by Chip Stewart
    Replies
    Views

Re: smalll PA

Check out the Yamaha DBR10 powered speaker ( http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1080596&gclid=CPLn5tvdu8kCFccYHwodbe4Czg&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details ). It's 700W (500W + 200W)...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: BR-40T vs BR-70T?

I did some research on laminate construction and found some information that was disturbing. Taylor guitars does not use 3 plys of tonewood when manufacturing their laminate backs and sides. They...
  25. Thread: Bass

by Chip Stewart
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bass

Great tone! I never heard a micro bass before and honestly thought the tone would not be very good. Thanks for posting and showing me I was wrong.
Page 1 of 2 1 2