Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Mandolin Camp, 1st time.

there will be some kind of instruction for ALL levels at the camp.... something you can take home and USE....that's very important.... knee to knee with any instructor you want ,or the xtra...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Tremolo Help.

A few suggestions;
    Maybe build yourself a new tremolo from the smallest details up.
    I'd recommend you do iit very slowly and deliberately.
    Look really closely at the strings and how your pick is...
  3. Thread: Tone/Speed

by jshane
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tone/Speed

For Me--- and it may not be the same for everybody--- there is a weird phenomenon whereby when I practice a tune with the intent of playing with the smoothest, cleanest fingering, and the most clean...
  4. Thread: Tin ear

by John Flynn
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tin ear

I am 64 and have been playing guitar for over 45 years, mandolin for over 25 years. First, if you are actively playing music, if you can hear when something is out of tune, if you can tell one tune...
  5. Principles of Shape Lesson 1: Surface control

Principles of Shape

Lesson 1: Surface Control

For Becky

The notion of surface control came to mind while shaping the nut on a Lafferty mandolin this afternoon. This is natural to my hands...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Mandolin Camp, 1st time.

I think you'll have a good time. I think anyone who plays bluegrass mandolin should have a little bit of Monroe in their playing. I've attended other camps including Swannanoa and Mandolin Symposium....
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Realization...I am terrible.

Note to yourself, Every day in every way I am PLAYING better. Confidence in oneself is important. Look back over the road you've already come. You have made great strides already.

I know with...