Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Thoughts on humidity...like hurricane humidity...

Take the mandolin with you when you evacuate.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

Oh, yeah. This sure looks like a bunch of wild REBELS to me. I'll bet a few of them were even late to church once or twice.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

Can anyone who listened to the early years of Rock n Roll with performers like Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis or Elvis say "Led Zeppelin or the Rolling Stones" aren't rock? Just because a genre evolves...
  4. Replies
    Views

This is incredible...

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWkeHX0nUM8
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: How the dickens does this happen?

My hometown (Los Alamos NM) sits at 7000' above sea level and routinely sees low RH numbers like that. Can't touch anything metal in the winter without a pretty serious static charge. I was...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

The retail community has been very supportive of the Cafe. This has never been about them. I'm not concerned about the individual on a budget that has one mandolin and upgrades every few years. By...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: An open letter to Classifieds users

You tell 'em Scott!

I doubt there is anyone frequenting this site that has not lost something they love. People, retailers, restaurants, writers, movie and TV entertainers, you name it. This...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How the dickens does this happen?

This type of crack is perfectly normal for instruments that get too dry. I know that doesn't make it any more comforting, but at least you are not alone. :)

Being in the repair business in Reno,...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: NMC - Beginner Uke Question

Ukuleles are the biggest bargains in playable instruments that I've found. Bernunzio is selling these plywood Makala "Dolphin" soprano ukes for less than $50 with a thin vinyl gig bag, and they're...
  10. Replies
    Views

My Recent Visit to The Mandolin Store

I'm fortunate that I live within a 30 minute drive from The Mandolin Store located in Surprise, AZ (I'm in Phoenix). I've been wanting to upgrade to a higher quality mandolin and have been pestering...
  11. Replies
    Views

The Ballad Of The Dreadnaught

Well, there is a teeny bit of mandolin content, a pretty good bit of Bluegrass content . . . but just a really cool presentation by Martin of the history of the dreadnaught guitar. IMO well worth 40...
  12. Replies
    Views

Chris Thile - Miss Manhattan

I don't expect many to agree with me when I say that this is wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkBVwwWJ1uI
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: A simple plea to all mando-sellers

Mandolin owners frequently don't know a lot of these things.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Why Violins Have F-Holes

My SWAG (Scientific Wild-A**ed Guess): 99% tradition, 1% some experimental results of centuries past, devolving into tradition.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: mandolin on craigslist Youngstown, Ohio

"Nice vintage mandolin case for sale with FREE decorative mandolin shaped wall art!"
  16. Replies
    Views

Thanks to Scott

I can't believe that we are this far into Thanksgiving and nobody has offered up thanks to the creator of this website, the moderators and the Mandolin Cafe community. In the 10++ years I've been a...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: You Newbies Have It Made

Interviewer: "Well, Grandpa, congratulations on turning 100 today! Bet you've seen a lot of changes in your time!"

Grandpa: "Yeah, and I was agin every one of 'em!"

Best change since I started...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: You Newbies Have It Made

I know what you mean although learning the mandolin is still a challenge (at least for me), anyhow, this thread reminded me of this Monty Python sketch a little (in the nicest possible way) :)

19. Replies
    Views

Re: Benefits of mandolins vs other instruments

I've played both since I was a kid. the jury's still out, but both need practice and effort. Neither is "easier" than the other.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Anybody seen Skaggs, Cooder, and White?

I'll say this. As a youngster I missed out on a number of legendary performers, because I thought the ticket price too high. It didn't occur to me that they'd pass or retire and I'd never get to see...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Anybody seen Skaggs, Cooder, and White?

He doesn't miss you.

Mick
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Going pro?

http://starecat.com/content/wp-content/uploads/musician-someone-who-loads-5000-worth-of-gear-into-500-car-to-drive-100-miles-to-a-50-gig.jpg
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Facing evacuation

UPDATE (Final): It's over. We have unloaded the wagons. We are not unpacked yet -- that will take a while, with a re-ordering of what was where. (We will grab any excuse for that. It is an old...
  24. Re: Nervous about selling from Mandolin Cafe Classified

Why don't you contact me privately with these questions. I'm not comfortable with some of the advice I see already. No one replying here except Mike really knows what kind of screening process we...
  25. Replies
    Views

Bad rap

Giving all Pawn Shops a bad rap is like saying all musicians are lazy and will never amount to anything. Pawn shops are as individual as musicians, it all depends on whose in charge and their...
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4