Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Clark JM Archtop Tenor Guitar

In addition to the extra bling (block fretboard inlay), the instrument has a built in K&K pickup. She plays like butter up and down the neck.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Bargin prices for chisels and gouges?

Got the rosewood handled Miller Falls set at a swap meet for $20 with the original box, the longer handled buck brothers $3 each in the used chisel bin at Kents Tools in Tucson, would like to analyse...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Bargin prices for chisels and gouges?

I was given two or three chisels that look exactly like these. JUNK is weak word. Even the handle is unusable, made of poplar or some similar soft wood The rings fell off and the steel is not worth...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Sanding tight corners

One of my favourite "sanding sticks" is a flexible 100 mm (4") steel ruler, on which I put adhesive backed sandpaper. Great for certain detail work operations.
  5. Thread: v picks

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Re: v picks

I would agree more with something like strings. Something consumed and so bought frequently, or at least repeatedly. But a one time purchase. I still use the BC chip i bought many years ago. It will...
  6. Replies
    Views

You've all probably seen this, but anyway: ...

You've all probably seen this, but anyway:

https://youtu.be/AEb3-RC2DBI
  7. Spending a Snowy Saturday at my Favorite Cafe

Our first snow in Columbia MO. Spending it drinking coffee at my favorite cafe.
  8. Thread: v picks

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

I know. Who was up all night thinking that one through?
  9. Replies
    Views

These work well. You can even use a screw driver shaft as a burnisher to put a hook on the edge to make it more affective. When it gets dull,throw it away and repeat. These will also help get rid of...
  10. Replies
    Views

I put an old motel room key (like a credit card, but I don't use credit cards so I don't have old credit cards) in a folded piece of sandpaper. That gives me a stiff, but flexible sanding "block" for...
  11. Thread: v picks

by Mandoplumb
    Replies
    Views

Neither have I noticed that spending large amounts on picks make me a better musician.
  12. Replies
    Views

Shape some small scraps of wood on your belt sander or by hand [think of what the perfect tool would look like] to get into places you need- pointed, square edge, narrow, rounded, etc. and use...
  13. Thread: v picks

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

I tried one and loved it. Its a good option.

I don't look at any pick as supplanting any other pick. I look at what role a particular pick can have in my arsenal of pick choices. No pick does it...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: the demise of the pick guard

Amps? What's an amp?
  15. Replies
    Views

Solid state electronics are far superior to electron tube electronics in practically every way imaginable. People are still free to prefer the sound of one amp over the next, regardless what amps...
  16. Replies
    Views

Come on, we have not even considered Schrödinger's cat being inside the mandolin body (dead or alive) yet.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Madolin,Octave, Or Mendocello? I can't decide!

I was going to recommend a mandola too, but Catmandu2 beat me to it. My Weber Bitterroot mandola is wonderful. You really can't go wrong with anything from Weber.
  18. Re: Madolin,Octave, Or Mendocello? I can't decide!

One way to solve the dilemma - 'split the difference' and get a mandola; was always my most versatile of the 'mandolins'
  19. Re: Madolin,Octave, Or Mendocello? I can't decide!

For the project you describe, I'd also recommend you consider the mighty Weber Octar. Lots going on sonically with those.
  20. Re: Madolin,Octave, Or Mendocello? I can't decide!

I couldn't be happier with my Weber OM (the larger curly thing in my avatar over on the left). There are other luthiers building OMs who are worth considering, but if you're liking the sound of a...
  21. Re: Madolin,Octave, Or Mendocello? I can't decide!

I've got a Weber Bitteroot Octave mandolin, F5 style, and it sounds amazing - not just my opinion. The quality of craftsmanship is very high. It's a lifetime mandolin. I would recommend Weber...
  22. Thread: snark users

by mrmando
    Replies
    Views

Re: snark users

Anybody who reads my posts knows that I use a fair amount of snark.
  23. Replies
    Views

New (to me) Eastman MD805D 2 Point

My new (to me) Eastman MD805D 2 Point arrived today! Turns out UPS Ground is only 1 day from Memphis, TN to St. Louis, MO!
    Super nice.
    It's a big change from the Breedlove Quartz KF that it...
  24. Replies
    Views

incidentally, the one flaw of the Snark other than leaving it on accidentally... the rubber grip and foot. Why don't they just glue it on?! Saves me a bother. In the past I've lost it without using...
  25. Replies
    Views

Metronome.

Be careful if you activate it, to make sure the tuner's turned off before you put it away. There's a "dead man switch" feature if the tuner's in clip-on-tuning mode, supposed to turn...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3