Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbee Introduction

Good choice with the Northfield. It's good to have a mandolin that has a voice with power and depth. It will help inspire you.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: More Gibson Antics

Forgive me Mandolin Cafe Forum for I have sinned and recently purchased a used Derrington MM. Weird though, I don't feel guilty.

With that thought I'm bringing this back bcuz it's so damned funny....
  3. Re: 1989 Gibson F5-L ‘Custom Shop’ Jim Triggs

I'm seeing Sasquatch.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 1923 F-5 Master Model Reissue

If I did buy one the first thing I'd do is remove that ridiculous pick guard.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Reverb Scams

I've mostly been a buyer on Reverb. Years ago I listed a lightly used 2015 D-18. There were no scammers but the low-baller trolls were thick. Many low-ball offers.

The worst one was a lowball of...
  6. Re: F5 , the Classic Gibson or the new era Collings?

I own one of each. (see signature) I love them both. The Gibson is sweeter sounding in a way. It has the high lonesome sound in spades. It will produce a great old timey tremolo which sounds spot on...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Experienced Players

When I was in my beginner/ intermediate days I would venture out to the National Old Time Fiddle contest out in Weiser ID. I found the more moderate tempo jams were with the older folks. I'd listen...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: buying first mando without playing?

Reverb has a 7 day trial period unless the instrument is specified "as is". I bought my D-18 there and had time to change to my preferred strings and get a feel for the guitar. I kept it.

I'm sure...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Resisting the "Iron Maiden"

Back in the '90s, before there were apps, I was playing the fiddle and struggling with Irish tunes. I bought a small cary-in-your-case 'mini maiden'. It was inexpensive, tiny, adorable and handy but...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Chevy Hub Cap Mandolin

Don't forget to rotate the strings every 7000 miles.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: What's Your Score?

So I like Jazz, big deal. I should get extra points for two pets one named Lester and the other named Earl.

Score: 30
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Pets with Mandolin-related names?

Here are my cats Lester and Earl. Flatt and Skruggs weren't mandolin players but still mandolin adjacent.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Repair of chip in sunburst

You're on to something here. Your tenacity is impressive.
    I'll be referring to this thread in the future.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: The rules according to Bill Monroe

Please remember that when you're playing bluegrass, or a close derivative, you're not playing "songs" or" tunes" you're playing "numbers". ;)
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe and Tony Rice

That's why the first half of your name is "Data". Well done. Bluegrass meets Newgrass.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 1995 Gibson F-5V Fern Bozeman (Luthier?)

Here are some pics Mr. Data and who ever else is interested.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: 1995 Gibson F-5V Fern Bozeman (Luthier?)

I'll be offline for awhile. I'll post photos later. It might be a day or so before I get them posted. I don't see many f-5v on line and I figured they might not have made many.