Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A with F Holes

Thanks, i didnt see that. I'll remove this one.
  2. Re: Prairie Home Companion last night with Trey Anastasio

I was there also. 8 rows back. It was awesome. Honestly, you don't fully realize until you are there in person, but it is 200%better in person. Not to detract from the music, but the skits were...
  3. California Music Stores - absolute must visits?

Friends, Romans, Countrymen,

I am heading to CA (specifically starting in SF and Taking Highway 1 down to LA, and finally ending up in San Diego). Are there any music stores that you "HIGHLY"...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin for singers

Hah. I recorded that video a years ago when I went to Barcelona.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Signature model in classifieds..huh?

The price was raised?? I'm no expert negotiator, but...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Classified etiquette

Not to hijack the thread, but, you mentioned that you were looking at a gallatin. Another instrument that is a lower price but in my opinion and easily comparable instrument would be a Morris...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Howard Morris in Classifieds

Morris over Hyalite easily (coming from a former Morris owner)
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Denver area music stores

Old town pickin parlor in Arvada and Denver folklore center.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Suggestions for Lefty Mando, around ~1000.

As a fello lefty the best advice I can give you is to play right handed. It makes a lot of sense in the long run. Difficult to find left handed Mandos. Typical they are not symmetrical.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin tuning on a ukulele

Btw. Ironically, if/when the thinnest A string breaks you can replace it with fishing line of a comparable thickness. I've done it.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin tuning on a ukulele

On Amazon. Aquila 30U Ukulele SOPRANO in Violin/Mandolin Fifths Tuning - GDAE (w/ wound G-string)
  12. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Cafe Word of the Day.

Purgatory = "the time period in between purchasing an instrument on the classifieds and waiting for the instrument to arrive at your doorstep..."

Anyone else going through the same feelings I am...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Graduations for A-style oval hole mandolin

I'm pretty sure graham McDonald's book has the graduations
  14. Re: Can anyone tell me the make/model of this mandolin...

Lawrence smart (or at least that is what he was using last time I saw him in person)
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Major Crush on Sierra Hull

Hahaha. Awesome! I love it! (Upon reading your post to my wife, she informed me that I "need to be honest and tell you that you aren't alone". Hah
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Blueridge BR-40T - Strings Question

Agree w previous poster. Finicky little strings. No. You don't have to buy the strings that are labeled "tenor guitar". .1 gauge is the same regardless of the instrument it says it is for. ...
  17. Replies
    Views

Temporary insanity

I am having a moment of temporary insanity and would love for someone to talk me out of it. I blame it on the fact that my wife is out of town. At any rate all of the instruments that I built so far...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Wanted : drawings A4 mandolin

Look up the book by graham McDonald. Likely exactly what you are looking for.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Side sound hole

here ya go...one on a mandolin, mandola, and octave mandolin (all flat top)...138321
  20. Re: Sound advice appreciated about tenor, Chinese or decent "Vint

I have the base model blue ridge tenor. In addition I own a flat top Gibson T00(guessing from the 60s) and a harmony stellla from the 70's. I was surprised to find that the blue ridge sounds the...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Mandolin in the $800 to $900 range

Mandobart beat me to it. Agree with a Morris.
  22. Replies
    Views

my new ebay find

howdy ... Just picked up this old gibson TG0 Shes got her FAIR SHARE of battle scars, but is actually very fun to play. The finish is cracked throughout (the technical term escapes me at the...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: tuning knob for old bowlback

Thanks eddy and Allan I don't have any shops nearby so will have to try next time I am traveling for work wow Eddie. You have quite the collection. I have seen that set that is bottom center with...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Morris A5 or Kentucky KM-950

Cant speak too much on the direct comparison, buti give a definite thumbs up for morris mandolins.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: New Morris Flattop

I can't rant enough about how much I like my Morris f hole. Worth every penny
Page 1 of 2 1 2