Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: TOH Weber warranty

There's a fine line between criticism and slander. Both agents at the top level of this dispute have registered with the courtesy of an official response to the topic and all the continued...
  2. Thread: Case covers

by V70416
    Replies
    Views

Re: Case covers

I love my Pegasus cases;they have a nice deep,smooth finish. They scratch and chip easily; so,of course I use covers on them. After about 20 years of use they still look brand new. Almost.

+1 on...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Case covers

I love my Small Dog covers for my Pag and Original 30's Geib rectangular, well built and protects your case from scrapes etc.... + they come with a shoulder strap and an accessory pocket the length...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Multi-Instrumentalist's Advice?

Perhaps I'm not a virtuoso at any one particular instrument, but I think I'm for the better as a musician/composer on the whole for playing a wide variety. It's nice recording songs and being able to...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Counterfeit D'Addario Strings from Amazon

No, no, not your fault. Lot of us buy from amazon but with the moniker of being the world's largest retailer online, some common sense responsibility comes with that. We shouldn't have to worry about...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Where do you purchase?

I usually buy from JustStrings. They do charge $6.95 shipping. But I always buy enough sets of strings that the shipping is pretty minor. The order I just placed a couple of days ago was close to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Abysmal Right Hand

I know I am a month late is climbing aboard here - but . . . Will, (I know this is a long shot) would you happen to be left-handed?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Play for free ...

We never play for free, as it really screws other bands that may/may not need the money. Nothing worse than your local region being saturated with play-for-free bands/musicians.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Play for free ...

I struggle with this in our band sometimes. We all have real jobs so we are certainly not in it for the money, but I have grown tired of playing for free unless it is for a good charity event. One...
  10. Re: Why do mandolin players hunch over their instruments?

That's a pretty lame attempt at faking a themed thread - then turning it into a blatant promotion for gigs.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: The story behind Ashokan Farewell

There is a lot of love out there for this tune, obviously. And Allen did a fine job of pointing out the common misconceptions about it, mainly that it is a genuine Civil War tune (not). But being the...
  12. Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

I'll be back.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Rubner Tuning machines.

According to Kent George at Rubner almost 16:1 but they list at 15:1. The Grover tuners on my Weber are 18:1.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Someone kick me

All things being equal, I think a small shop instrument allows you to have a relatively unique as well as quality instrument. Plus, cool. If you can afford a trip to Nashville or East Lansing, or...
  15. Re: Is the Era of Free Streaming Music Coming to an End?

I am happy to pay for streaming services already. I don't need the clutter of more CDs (a format I never warmed up to--I was a big vinyl buyer back in the day.) I like the convenience of streaming,...
  16. Re: Chris Thile to be the new host at Prairie Home Companion

Announced on the Cafe June 28, 2015, subsequently picked up by every news source on the internet because we were the first (thank you, Bradley Klein) to formally quote Chris that he was taking over...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Foghorn String Band at the Cobblestone

Do you get the irony of stating an absolute in your own post?
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: )McClung arm rest - really disappointed

Seems to me something kept on your mando for "years" could leave a mark...

I don't think it's right to call out the McClung for something he warns about and is pretty well known...$0.02
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

There's an awful lot of speculation and misinformation in this thread, but also some pretty insightful speculation as well. I could probably write a book on the history of Weber mandolins, the sale...
  20. Re: Changes in availability of Weber Instruments

Gerry,
    I don't quite get your point. Bruce has opened a separate business from TOH and has an agreement with them to do all the warranty repairs. He also will do repair work on mandolins from other...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastik strings

Not necessarily. I've played in pretty high energy Bluegrass bands for the last 40 years and have been using flatwound strings for 19 years now. I know quite a few people who use flat wound strings...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstock reconstruction. Aother

That is nothing short of amazing. The builders here at the Cafe never cease to blow my mind with the things they are able to build and restore. I so greatly admire their talents and skills.
  23. Stolen Strad returned (no mando content)

Some may recall that last August a Stradivarius, stolen in 1980 from Roman Totenberg (father of NPR's Nina Totenberg), was returned to the Totenberg family. The Washington Post has published an...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: A simple plea to all mando-sellers

Good luck.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Acoustic rig suggestions

I will also speak from some experience about logistics:

I have been in bands for 35 years, and one of the biggest pains is the everybody contributes something PA kit-bash. My goal after a gig is...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4