Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Is my new mando trash?

KM150s are hard to beat in their price range or somewhat higher.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: New tune I wrote, "Red Winged Blackbird"

Great job! How long have you been playing?
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Marty Stuart's ex-Loar?

Was almost offended by that "crack" about Arkansas.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Help Finding Song

That's it. Thank you very much.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Kentucky KM272

Picked up the new KM272 today and love it. It is gorgeous to boot. Love the sound and feel and it even chops OK not like an F, but it's ok, better than my 171. Ben at Fiddler's Green in Austin did...
  6. Replies
    Views

New Kentuckys Going Up

Bryan and Dennis, both of The Mandolin Store, told me today that the new Kentuckys are going to have a price increase real soon, like maybe Feb. 1. Just a heads up.
  7. Re: A Style vs F stylle for Chomp vs single notes

It's chopping not chomping. There should not be a lot if any difference between an A and an F if they both have F-holes. The difference comes in when you compare an F-hole to an oval hole. The...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick position/technique

I am new and am having the same problem as well as the same picks. I drilled about 7 or8 holes in the center of one of them and it seemed to help some. I have watched videos and believe there are...
  9. Re: Questions About My Kentucky - Robert I'm Counting On You

Oh yes. I had it shipped to my mother's house to be delivered Monday. Well, as luck would have it, no one was home to sign for it so it was to be delivered Tuesday. I don't know if I mentioned it,...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Resolving a case issue (NMC)

Wax ring? I thought that was a small cushion but it always fell through the hole. Learn something new every day.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Tail Piece and CA Bridge

It is the Kentucky KM1500
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Not A Happy Guy

Thanks for all the insight. I know to let wooden instruments acclimate to the inside temp. That is something else that is going to be hard to do, continue waiting. Dave's suggestion of breakfast,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy New Year

Happy New Year to all and may we all prosper this year in every thing we do like never before.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Choice of Three Mandolins

Well, I went with the KM1500 that was in the classifieds. It had a very good price on it and everything I've read about the KM1500 has been really positive so am hoping for the best.
  15. Thread: Chop Chords

by Torpedotom
    Replies
    Views

Chop Chords

This is really a newb question. Is there a place, page, website that shows chop chord shapes for each key whether they be three or four finger shapes. This is confusing to me. Thanks
  16. Re: Group in Search of a Name...Any Ideas/Suggestions Appreciated

Philadelphia Freedom. I'm sure Elton wouldn't mind.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: How Do You Intro A Song?

I tell 'um this is one of your favorites and I'm sure it's gonna be one of ours and take off a hunerd miles a hour
  18. Replies
    Views

My Kentucky KM150

I came up to our river house Monday, about 190 miles, and left my km150 at home as my km171 and km855 were already up here. My sister-in-law and husband had been at the regular house for a couple of...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM150

Hey Baron, I see you've been sporting a KM150 as of late. Had it a long time or is it new? Sounds good. I love mine, it's loud.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM1000

Well, I tracked the KM1000 this morning and it will arrive at my PO this morning which is a block and a half from my front door. The wife and I are at the river house taking some well deserved time...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM1000

I'm a Kentucky junkie. I have a KM150, KM171, and a KM855.
  22. Replies
    Views

Kentucky KM1000

Got one of these bad boys on the way. It's a 2013 and supposedly in mint condition . I am giddy. Got a heckuv a deal on it , $800.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Chart For Tab Numbers and Musical Notes

Thank you very much Mark, that is the one.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: New to the mandolin

I too am just starting and found lots of good stuff on you tube. One especially that I use a lot is mandolin basics mpg. I go to it quiet a bit. There is a wealth of tutorials all over the...
  25. Replies
    Views

My Mando and Rob Meldrum

Received my new to me Kentucky KM 150 today and Rob's set-up ebook. I'm ready, just have to find the time. The mando is in really nice condition and I want to thank Rob for so generously sharing...