Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky Nu Hyde gig bag

I have one and it's very nice for a light weight bag. The zippers feel strong, it is padded nicely and it will protect from scratches and minor bumps, but it is not a replacement for a case. I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

Who thinks he's just a show off the way he just hits the strings and frets perfectly?

Obviously there was talent he was born with, but he just plays and plays and studies. I'm sure the only...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: How to remove Eastman tailpiece cover...

Looking at photos of it, the mandolin appears to have a tailpiece that slides off. It is probably pretty tight. I've used a quarter and held it at a right-angle and used it to help push the top part...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What pick for what style?

I have used BlueChips (TAD 40's) a lot for guitar & mandolin but recently have been using a Charmed Life ntr-1.15. I find that the Charmed Life Pics hold their own against BlueChips. I was dropped on...
  5. Re: Sam Bush Bluegrass Mandolin lessons - sheet music, chords, ta

I apologize. I didn't realize the book was still available for sale. (I was foolish for not checking.) I'll remove the link now.
  6. Thread: why is it?

by Tenzin
    Replies
    Views

Re: why is it?

You also have to figure in the number of units sold. As production increases, cost per unit decreases. I would also guess that because the mandolin is smaller, it may be a more difficult build. (I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentuckys in canada

The astronaut, John Glen is quoted as saying "As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder.”
  8. Replies
    Views

NMD Kentucky KM 272

:grin:

I took the advice of some posts here and bought a Kentucky KM272. Wow! It's nothing like any mandolin I've ever gotten the chance to hold & play. (My experiences are somewhat limited.)
  9. Thread: Mandolin Strum

by Tenzin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Strum

Don't look here:
    https://cloud.disroot.org/s/QptnSFNoEMjJwqW
  10. Replies
    Views

NMD Wed. Kentucky KM 272

After a lot of fooling around, I realized the Harmony I had the bridge swapped out. (The screw post on one side just slid all the way down.)

Well, after looking at some of the reviews here I...