Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: What are some of the best Mandolins that you all have played?

A 1924 F4 that belonged to a friend of mine. I helped him sell it, and had it at my house for a few weeks.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A-50 (43-CPR 7)

Take a look at the piece of paper. It looks like it came from the factory "BLK". I've seen a couple of original black A-50's before, so I think that it's original.
  3. Re: Paul Glasse on video w/Western Swing band 2023

He'll be back for this year's Western Swing Weekend.
    https://www.montanafiddlecamp.org/westernswingweekend/
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Joni Mitchell Mandolin?

Maybe this one?211295
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando (and why to quit callin it that...)g

I entered a "manalin" contest in Alabama in 1982. That's how everybody there pronounced it, and that's how it was printed in the program.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: A Style “Holy Grail?

I've played 5 or 6 Loars over the years, including the Griffith, and I have to agree
  7. Re: Interesting eBay Item -- Joey Bishop's Gibson Mandolin Tailpi

Maybe it was for his F5?210435
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Identification help

What's under the bridge cover?
  9. Re: Has anyone heard about a crazy mandolinist named Frank Wakefi

A friend of mine went to a workshop with Frank, and asked him what temperature he baked his mandolins at. Frank just smiled.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: A-00, A-50, or A-1? 1930's?

It looks like an A-00 to me. Are you sure that the back is solid? Gibson usually put in a back brace on the laminate backs.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Mystery 5 string

Okay! Martin Stillion correctly identified it as a Blue Dragon mandolin, made in Whitefish, MT.
    Does anybody have one, or any experience with these?
  12. Re: Johnny Olenn & The Blockbusters (Mandocaster)

Then there was the part where he was dancing around, not touching the mandolin while the solo was happening.:)
  13. Re: Thile on CBS Saturday Morning today: what are the mandos?

I think that he was playing his AL Smart mandola on the two tunes that I saw.
  14. Thread: arthritis

by John Rosett
    Replies
    Views

Re: arthritis

All the things mentioned above are good ideas, but not all work for everybody. The Voltaren cream had no effect for me, but I've heard that it works for other people. I take Meloxicam every day for...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Jethro!

Spreading the mandolin gospel, circa 1983:206509
  16. Re: Repaired headstock scroll devaluation on MD315

A competent repair person should be able to touch up that repair so that it's practically invisible.
  17. Thread: Pick spin

by John Rosett
    Replies
    Views

Re: Pick spin

I've had this problem ever since my fingers started getting arthritic. I've found that just a little bit of saliva on my thumb and first finger really keeps the pick from moving around.
  18. Re: I sure Like the 29 Fern in the Classifieds

It might be a year, but not much more than that.
  19. Re: I sure Like the 29 Fern in the Classifieds

I don't know the history, but I live close to Greg's shop and have played it several times. It's a great mandolin!
  20. Re: Can I tell the weather with my instruments?

I just set my mandolin outside. If it gets wet, I know that it's raining.;)205803
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Lucille Ball plays tenor guitar

You should have put a disclaimer in the original post about not having listened to it. It's going to take a while to scrub that out of my mind...:)
  22. Re: What’s the nicest mandolin you’ve ever seen?

Probably the Griffin Loar.
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Original Mandolin Tunes

Here's one I wrote and recorded with my band, Cash For Junkers. I'm primarily a jazz and swing mandolin player, so this was a little different for me: https://soundcloud.com/johnrosett/number-two-rag
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Washburn Jethro Burns verification

All the used ones that I'm seeing on Reverb are priced considerably higher, so if there's nothing wrong with it, I'd say it's a pretty good deal. Make sure that there aren't any cracks or seam...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Need some advice on a tuner pedal

+1 on the Boss tuner. I have a pair of TU-2's that I bought 25 years ago and use regularly. They work just as well as they did when I got them.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4