Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of the 16" Archtop

Jim,

Any pics of the '28 L5 Maybelle Special?

Thanks,

Joey
  2. Replies
    Views

In Praise of the 16" Archtop

After a series of guitar and mando swaps and sales, I recently found myself guitar-less for the first time in about 15 years. With a little extra cash in hand from the transactions, I picked up a...
  3. Thread: Good Taste

by jromano23
    Replies
    Views

Re: Good Taste

I feel the mandolin parts on many of the recent T Bone Burnett produced recordings for Elvis Costello and Willie Nelson, in addition to his soundtrack work, are pretty tasteful and sublte. I believe...
  4. Re: "What Did Bill Monroe Invent?"-- from another forum

I've always thought this to be an interesting debate, no matter what the genre. As a lifelong Bob Dylan fan, I've found myself debating if there is such a thing as invention in music. Bob, possibly...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin setup guide by

Just wanted to add to the praise and thanks to Rob for writing and making the setup guide available. Looking forward to making some progress with it.
  6. Thread: Giacomel J3

by jromano23
    Replies
    Views

Re: Giacomel J3

Mark, funny timing as I was just thinking the same. I'm going to keep it awhile longer...
  7. Thread: Giacomel J3

by jromano23
    Replies
    Views

Just so there is no confusion, I was originally going after the two point Nugget in the classifieds that was posted prior to my Giacomel ad. Luckily, the Nugget A5 that I put the hold on (which I...
  8. Thread: Giacomel J3

by jromano23
    Replies
    Views

I would certainly be suspicious myself if I read the post and then saw it listed but would like to take a minute to try to clarify. The ONLY reason I have it for sale is I have a Nugget (a grail) on...
  9. Replies
    Views

Duff F5/ Gruhn's

Dear Cafe,

I wanted to take a minute to give some praise to Paul Duff for making such fine instruments and to Gruhn's in Nashville for helping me make the plunge on my new (2012) Duff F5.