Search:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Is there a better tailpiece available

https://gregboyd.com/product/prucha-mandolin-tailpiece-nickel/
  2. Re: Mid tier Mando that will hold its value

The middle of your budget, made in the US by a well-respected luthier and has taken the initial deprecation. hard to beat for a US made F style. https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/211903#211903
  3. Re: Leo Lindblom's brand new Silverangel mandolin - by Ken Ratcli

Good thing there was no height restriction as that mandolin is about a big a Leo. Awesome gesture by Ken and his Silverangel mandolins. This will be something Leo will remember forever.
  4. Replies
    Views

Tut Taylor - Prodigal 5 Mandolin

Not something you see every day. I have heard of some other luthiers of making copies of the Griffith A-5 mandolin, but I had not heard of these.
  5. Re: Looking to see what Year my Gibson Festival-F was made & wort

I was hoping that someone would chime in on value. I did know the value of Flatirons pretty well. During the pandemic, prices jumped a lot.
    The tide has seemed to have turned in the last few...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Help with Mando Upgrade!!

Northfields have a full neck from my limited experience. This would be a huge upgrade and it is a very fair price.

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/198082#198082
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Buying a new mando.

I have had several Kentucky mandolins including a terrific 1050. They have all been good and a few outstanding, but I would not spend over $2000 on a Kentucky or Eastman mandolin. I think there are...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman MD315/MD515 vs Kentucky KM750

I got a good deal on an open box Kentucky 756. It needed a setup but is a terrific mandolin and all a lot of us would need. I tend to prefer Kentucky mandolins but have not played the newer...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I Resist Waverly Tuners?

Good luck finding tuner buttons for Grovers. There lots or Grovers out there yet replacement tuner buttons seem to be hard to come by. If anyone know of a good source I would appreciate knowing. I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Custom mandolin Info

You have some very nice mandolins and a few worth quite a bit of money. If you are not familiar with mandolins, you might want to contact a couple of the site sponsors and consider consigning with...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Any experience with Mapes strings?

After reading good reviews I ordered a few sets. They were on a mandolin for a short time before I sold it, so don't know how long they will last? Otherwise seem like good strings and sounded very...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: The Harmonic Tone Revealers

No, John R. is holding a mandola. His primary mandolin is a Gibson signed Lloyd Loar. There is information if you do a quick search on how he acquired it when he live in the San Francisco Bay area. I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: First Purchase Recommendation

You can confirm with the mandolin store but here is what I understand. There were some Lafferty models that were Eastman either 515 or 615 made for The Mandolin Store and labeled Lafferty. The one on...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Recent Kelley mandolin

Nice mandolin. I love the traditional tone you get out of your mandolins. Looks like it is in thew hands of someone who can do it justice.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky-brand info

Well, I will throw my 2 cents in. I have owned several Kentucy mandolins from a 150 to a 1050. All were good and a few outstanding. Different models had different neck widths and profiles, none of...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: The beginnings of MAS - What's next?

As mentioned above, the mandolins you are considering may be a lateral move. But sometimes you find an instrument that just speaks to you. the feel. playability, looks and tone. May not be better or...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: BRW History

I have never played or seen one in person but saw this video and was struck by how great sounding a mandolin it was. The one you bought from Carter's looked great, hope you enjoy it.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Volume vs Tone

I was fortunate to be the caretaker of and Ellis A5 for a couple of years. It had plenty of volume. There was no problem being heard. If you, haven't you might experiment with different strings and...
  19. Re: ISO Luthier to carve and install new top

Slightly less valuable mandolin but a recent question regarding a re-top -
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/threads/156353-seeking-advice-connection-to-builder-to-re-top-an-F5

Unless you are...
  20. Re: Gibson F5-G with bottom edge damage (need advice Buy or Pass)

$3700 would be close to the top for a F5G in really good shape with no issues. Did the seller disclose this in the ad or after the fact? If he was not upfront it would go back, period. I agree with...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD - 2007 Kimble F5

Very nice...would not be to hard to bond with that one.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello, I am new here

If you decide to purchase another mandolin Eastman and Kentucky make good mandolins and are a terrific value. If you buy one from one of the site sponsors it should come with a decent setup and ready...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Leather Handle for G&S case?

Someone was selling nice looing replacement handles on the forum, but I have not seen them listed for quite a while. I would think the D rings would be able to be removed buy spreading them.
  24. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

I listened with a decent pair of headphones. I do like the fact that they all were played by the same player with the same strings and pick. sure some mandolins may prefer a certain string or pick....
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar 600 vs Eastman MD615

They are also an Eastman dealer so would be good to give them a call an explain what you are looking for and get their recommendation.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4