Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: F Mandolin gig bag

Bought it , thanks a lot to everybody.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: James tailpiece on a Northfield F5S?

I put a James on and it went straight on no problem. The one which is 'stuck' just needs a little gentle persuasion. Stanley knife or similar. Maybe hardrier for 3 seconds or so but no more.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: James tailpiece on a Northfield F5S?

The tailpiece may be stuck to the finish. Be very careful and pull it off.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Daily Cleaning Routine

Congrats, I love my Northfield going on 5 years now. I don't do anything special except blow the dust off when I notice it. I wipe things down when I change strings. I gouged the top with my...
  5. Re: What do you consider to to be the best recorded mandolin tone

I have to agree that Reischman's tone is top-notch. How much of it is his Loar versus his particular style of playing, I dunno. But he always sounds great.

It's really difficult to judge tone as...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange's New Mandolin

Got into them a few years ago. They have 5 or 6 great albums and there are a lot of free videos. Their live stuff it quite good too. Great, honest music.
  7. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Orange's New Mandolin

Hey, not sure if people have seen Mandolin Orange play recently, but in this video I spotted he has a fancy new mandolin. I've never seen one quite like it, with a large flowerpot on the head stock...
  8. Replies
    Views

Thile Mehldau Don't Think Twice

From CBS This Morning Saturday Sessions (if anyone knows how to embed this, please do, I can't seem to figure it out even using the 'embed link' provided on the CBS site!).

9. Replies
    Views

Cool Dude footage

Hi! Not sure who has or has not seen this but I thought I'd share this cool little interview with Lynn Dudenbostel. I love his work sooooo much...
    Do forgive me if it's already been posted, if not...
  10. Our guest tonight folks! The Genius, Mr Chris Thile!!!

Good morning! This is so good I can't even handle it....
    Enjoy,
    Dem

https://youtu.be/UnyxThLeJQY
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield finish issues

Hi everyone. Have spent some time on this. Called the store that sold it and 2 of our staff members called the owner 3 different times. Turns out its not the finish, or an adherence problem or a...
  12. Replies
    Views

My Northfield just come in!!!

So I just had my Northfield F5S delivered to the house, She is Beautiful and I would like to thank Sean @ TEJON STREET MUSIC in Colorado Springs for working with me and sending pictures back and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Truss Rod Nut Size Northfield

From the OP - "..and I guess the seller neglected to include the wrench.". Most times,a truss rod adjusting socket isn't included at all. I've had 2 Webers from new & they didn't come with a...
  14. Replies
    Views

If you have a 1/4" drive socket set there would be a 5/16" socket in it. The should fit it just fine.
  15. Replies
    Views

The one that came with my F-5s seems to be a 5/16.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New Northfield and some pics

Props on a great mando to start with.
    What I have to chip in with is a heads up on the right hand. I started on guitar years and years ago and when I started the mando I didn't think twice about...
  17. Replies
    Views

I have been using a looper for practice too. I lay down a guitar and bass loop and then practice improvising or rythem chopping. I find it fun and helpful and a change of pace from just playing solo....
  18. Replies
    Views

I've read every reply so please forgive me if this has already been mentioned. free online mandolin lessons. com has been a good resource for me. It has a lot of tunes from several genres and play...
  19. Replies
    Views

Malin, SW,

Mike Marshall teaches through Artistworks online, and I think that would be a good avenue if you aren't able to find a local teacher. He'll be able to give you videotaped feedback...
  20. Replies
    Views

I started to play in October and I'm absolute in love! I never played a stringed instrument before though , so everything was new to me. Don Julin's book is great. At the moment I enjoy a lot...
  21. Replies
    Views

Beautiful mandolin, and some great advice above! You've come to the right place for all things mandolin. You'll be surprised at the friendliness and knowledge you find here from every type and level...
  22. Replies
    Views

Just playing along with David Grisman is a cool thing....Northfield I bet sounds awesome...
  23. Replies
    Views

Great
  24. Replies
    Views

Iam looking into getting on of them Northfield mandolins, I have played 2 of them and they sound great, I was looking at the Collings and Weber but cost lot more cash, so I figured I could get one of...
  25. Replies
    Views

What a great first mandolin! Great suggestions here from the forum.
Page 1 of 2 1 2