Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: My amp hums like crazy- grounding issue? (non-mandolin-specif

Not trying to make light of the issue, but that is pretty funny. :confused:
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The Ballad Of The Dreadnaught

That was time well spent. Thank you for posting this.
  3. Thread: Thanks to Scott

by vegas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Thanks to Scott

I've been an administrator at two other message boards (mainly comedy) and what this place offers in the way of information and entertainment is the best I've experienced. Admins are also very good...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Ever watch Pawn Stars?

You will mostly waste your time searching for interesting or quality musical instruments in Las Vegas pawnshops. I know. I live here.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Who has the most mandolins

Luccheses are the absolute best. Every time I put them on, my feet release endorphins into my blood stream
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky km-200s value

My experience is the people at Saga are very knowledgeable and very helpful. Those Japan-built Kentucky mandolins are considered to be superior to most other budget mandolins.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Guitar Center Visit

I think the negativity you detect is directed entirely at GC and not at you. They are a large chain who cater primarily to youngsters wanting to get a guitar for shredding and probably do their...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: "Inside Llewylyn Davis"--sneak review

Positively 4th Street is the best book I've read about this early folk era. Chronicles, the next best book about the era is a good read, but pretty non-linear and definitely weird.
  9. Re: How long for cold instrument to get back to room temperature?

My problem is the opposite of the rest of the country with savage, dry winters. I live in the Mojave Desert with savage, dry summers. During the 105 F + months, I have UPS hold my instruments at...
  10. Thread: Got an MD-815V

by vegas
    Replies
    Views

Re: Got an MD-815V

Beautiful! Enjoy!
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: The Loar:What's the Story?

Thanks! For those of us not "in the know," could you be a little more specific about which "Greg" you have in mind? I'm simply relieved my memory of this particular fact from "The Loar, story" was...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: My Gibson Master Model Story

I understand but the fact a respected Gibson luthier believed a Tone-Rite could improve the sound of one of their Master Models for ANY reason under ANY circumstances tells me respected people who...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman E20D guitar, rosewood back and sides.

Baby I'm amazed at the quality for the price of all Eastman instruments. I recently picked up a nearly pristine E20P for $700.00 and can't get over the sound and playability.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New to the Café, introducing myself

You are a gentleman, Nick. I'm glad you are here and look forward to you sharing your progress.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: New to the Café, introducing myself

Welcome! Since you already play another stringed instrument, your learning curve will undoubtedly be a shorter one than someone who never played any stringed instrument. You've played woodwinds and...
  16. Re: Looking for a deep woody sounding A-style mandolin. (Vint or

It has been WAY too long since I visited your fishing paradise. I have not partaken of the divine joy which comes from catching lake trout, small mouth bass and walleye for way too many years. I...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the point behind MAS?

Tonight, I was inspecting guitars and mandolins, adding water to case humidifiers and playing riffs on them according to how they are voiced. The wife hasn't been feeling well the past two days and...
  18. Re: Looking for a deep woody sounding A-style mandolin. (Vint or

You don't?! I always assumed "deep" and "woody" were how one would describe Canada. ;)
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the point behind MAS?

For myself, I think it boils down to a certain kind of compulsive behavior. Once I discovered mandolin is a fun instrument to play and my starter wasn't as nice as I'd like because I didn't want to...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: low price for a Martin tenor on Ebay, but...

Does it come with a matching hat?
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky vs. Indiana, A vs. F style

Best answer! This gentleman knows his musical instruments because he sells them for a living. He knows a great deal about the different Asian imports. If you are looking to purchase a Kentucky...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Chinese Breedloves?

Just say "no" to the twenty first century.

The device you used to write that statement was NOT made in America. It was not made in western Europe. The world is changing. Saddle up to reality or...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Antique ~ Vintage 1916 GIBSON F~2 F2 Mandolin

And I see you had the courage to leave appropriate feedback to warn off other potential marks.

When the description is as different from the condition as this one, you aren't being a snitch, you...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM1000 or The Loar LM700VS

I will never buy another Loar. The poster who said they look like they are "dipped" because the finish is so thick is absolutely right. I love the sounds my Eastman 815 makes but if you are a true...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Shill bidding on the bay?

I think these days, an abundance of caution is the better course of action when it comes to buying on eBay. The anonymity of the Internet is very attractive to the less than honorable. I personally...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3