Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Light My Fire

Tab of basics of Doors Light My Fire attached for anyone who wants to give it a shot. Apologies if someone has already posted something similar already.

The intro is a good workout for the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Relatively inexpensive Electric Mandolin

Sorry Dave, I'm not trying subvert a possible deal between you. But then it begs the question "4 string vs. 8 string" electrics? They are truly different animals. I owned a Jonathan Mann SEM-5...
  3. Re: Relatively inexpensive Electric Mandolin

Ben, please be in touch off-line if you're interested in pursuing a conversation about helping "Bessie" find a new home.
  4. Replies
    Views

The design of the Mandobird is an acquired taste imho. The Telecaster on the other hand.......:whistling:

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
  5. Replies
    Views

Adirondack guitars has a special on the Washburn M3EK acoustic electric,including starter package $299. free set up and shipping.Dennis is a great guy to deal with(NFI).I played one at a local music...
  6. Replies
    Views

I just noticed that we all forgot to ask the OP what type of music his son would be playing on this mando. If it's more traditional string music, the solid body Eastwood and similar might not be the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Unfortunately double the money:
    http://www.amazon.com/Epiphone-Acoustic-Electric-F-Style-Mandolin/dp/B003LAQFMS
    "Quad" NanoMAG pickup = much like an electric guitar pickup. - adjustable.
    F-style...
  8. Replies
    Views

Lots of good suggestions here.
    I might add a mention of the Mandobird (Again)--they are no longer made, but if you find one used--they're good deal--should be under $200.
    The only drawback is I...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard F style mandolins.

I'm looking forward to my next visit to RI. I know Max and Lauri just moved to Pawtucket, RI so I'll be ringing them up to set an appointment. Best of luck to you both in your new digs in the heart...
  10. Replies
    Views

Agreed on the flatwounds. I have plain steel strings on the E and A courses, and D'Addario Chromes bought singly here for the D and G courses.
  11. Replies
    Views

I have one of the Eastwood version of that Telecaster clone and really love it. I got it used from someone here on the forum. He'd already had it set up well. All I've done to it is add flatwound...
  12. Replies
    Views

Didn't spoil my day Ron but that's a great bargain I could not duplicate here in the US. Most likely I'll do the job myself. It's an easy upgrade with some copper foil, a bit of grounding wire and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Just a thought, you might look into a Godin A8 electric acoustic. You can usually pick one up used for near 400 on the classifieds here. They are pretty sweet mandolins. It will likely already have...
  14. Replies
    Views

Yes, that's one mod I forgot, and recommend highly. Mine developed a very irritating hum, so I took it to a local luthier here in Thailand where I live. He prescribed the need for shielding and some...
  15. Replies
    Views

...and a damn fine looking electric you have there Ron. I'll be getting some upgrades done to mine when I'm a bit more flush, starting with shielding the pickup cavity.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
  16. Replies
    Views

Yep, they represent great value for money, especially if you can get one all the way from Germany for $150. Almost identical instruments (probably from the same factory in China) are branded...
  17. Replies
    Views

These are marketed under a variety of brand names; Harley Benton in Germany, Morgan Monroe here in the USA. I bought a MM thru the Café classifieds several months ago for $225. It needed a good setup...
  18. Replies
    Views

An 8-string Harley Benton mandocaster from Thomann in Germany can be had for $150 including shipping to the States, and in my opinion will have much more 'cred' for a young guy in school than the...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard F style mandolins.

Well this mandolin is simply amazing, super easy to play and a huge voice. It is in as new condition, looks like it has never been played and it is a year old this month according to the label.
  20. Replies
    Views

My first mandolin was and still is , an Oscar Schmidt acoustic electric.
    Stays in tune , overall pretty quite when unplugged .
    No built in preamp .
    It works great for learning and practicing ....
  21. Replies
    Views

You might find the Epiphone mandobird on Ebay or second hand somewhere - that also works well.
  22. Replies
    Views

Fender is your best option. They're pretty good, and will grow with him.
  23. Replies
    Views

fender mandostrat or epiphone mandobird all can be bought under $300
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Bad Company

Do it! I have just done my first ever YouTube video to show something I tabbed here on Mandolin Cafe (A Happy Meeting in Glory, see the old time sub-forum). It took about 15 minutes (10 takes, woops,...
  25. Thread: Bad Company

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bad Company

Love that video. Who needs a double neck?
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4