Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Christmas haul.

Got a few new picks, tuner, strap, strings, peg winder and a pick box. Pretty happy with the haul.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Is anyone else scared of Bill Monroe?

You can really see the disgust on his face in this picture. He's clearly seeing another Mandolin player using a capo.

3. Replies
    Views

Re: A Punch Sister?

When TT says that Haas as a 'bionic bowing arm' (in the interview in the original post above), I thought right away of this recording. It's really unlike any other recording of the tune. And when...
  4. Replies
    Views

A Punch Sister?

>>>> HERE <<<< is my radio interview with banjo master Tony Trischka about his upcoming EarlJam shows, honoring Earl Scruggs and exploring some rare bootleg recordings. The gigs in NYC and...
  5. Re: Chris Thile Camp thread...

Combining this post into the end of the other thread shortly. This discussion ran its course and turned into a mud slinging affair filled with politics and grandiose claims of all types. Fair warning...
  6. Thread: Punch brothers

by JeffD
    Replies
    Views

Re: Punch brothers

For me, the thing is that this new version affects my interpretation of the song, puts the lyrics in a more desperate light, darker. So while I enjoy the original versions, I am not sure I felt the...
  7. mandolin orange-Unknown Legend (Neil Young cover)....WOW

just found this one, huge ND fan here, so this is so neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWW3KkTWn94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWW3KkTWn94
  8. Dominick Leslie guest DJ on WTJU sept 4th

I had asked Hawktail mandolinist Dominick Leslie a few weeks ago if he was interested in being a guest DJ on my show on WTJU Charlottesville, and he said 'for sure' and we finally nailed down the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Live from Here is no more

I think it was unfortunate that LFH had to start its on-air life as the replacement/successor to PHC. They are very different shows, and it must have been tough for Thile to deal with a lot of the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Chris introduced me to so many musicians that I would have not have known about if not for LFH.

Just heartsick...
  11. Replies
    Views

The Live from Here house band has to be one of the best line-ups ever, and the shows when they had Haas, Jarosz, and O'Donovan were always my favorites.
  12. Replies
    Views

Five years ago this month, I cornered Thile backstage at a show in Cincinnati and confirmed that he'd be taking over Prairie Home Companion. I wrote a short news story on my phone for Mandolin Cafe,...
  13. Replies
    Views

Thank you, Eastman

On Saturday (three days ago) I unpacked a five year old Eastman mandola that I purchased used. Tuning it up, I noticed a problem with the bridge saddle intonation cuts. Saturday night I contacted...
  14. Replies
    Views

Great Practice Tool!

I was looking through some old posts this morning and ran across a thread about practice tools. A website called www.fbbts.com (Free Bluegrass Backup Tracks) has a good selection of backup tracks in...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's new pick

I received mine from Sweetwater ordered Thursday the 20th arrived Priority Mail on Monday the 24th - great service as always from Sweetwater ;-)

As for the "new" Thile pick I've only had about...
  16. New Forum Software Being Installed: all members must read

Starting this Friday afternoon at approximately 3:00 p.m. Central Time we will begin installing the next generation version of our Forum software. As a result, the Forum will be off-line for between...
  17. Thread: Phish - Waste

by SammyV
    Replies
    Views

Phish - Waste

https://youtu.be/UgL31mJlcgo

I was searching for Phish mandolin covers and came across this gem by a Japanese player named Hiroki Dewa. I found it absolutely beautiful and it only has 89 views. ...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Like this site but for guitar....

TDPRI is a great one. Lots of good stuff, even for non-Tele players.

TalkBass is decent, if you're a bass player. Those two and the Cafe are my only music-chat sites.
  19. Replies
    Views

I'm interested to read the suggestions here too. I'm on and off with Acoustic Guitar Forum. I think it's a valuable resource with a lot of very knowledgable people. But sometimes it also feels...
  20. Replies
    Views

Acoustic Guirar Forum lost me when someone asked about an obscure mandolin and I said if they posted here, someone should know. The post was in the lightly traveled other stringed instruments...
  21. Replies
    Views

I have never found a 'general' guitar forum that I was wild about - so I used to simply visit sites that were specific to certain guitars that I was learning about; (Gibson, Fender, Rickenbacker, Les...
  22. Replies
    Views

AGF and the Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum are the ones I visit daily.

I tend to prefer the UMGF.
  23. Replies
    Views

I got a few guitars!

I used to go to the AGF and also the unofficial martin guitar forum. These are a bit dated in their interface; however.

Want to discuss, Gibson, Taylor or Martin. That's...
  24. Replies
    Views

Personally, I found Acoustic Guitar's forum hard to navigate and not very useful. Other disappointments include Harmony Central and Just Plain Folks.

Pops1 is right, a lot of the same folks that...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange on today Show

O-O1IcP6TT0

Reposting this because I just figured out how to embed!:grin:
Page 1 of 2 1 2