Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

They also have this Flatiron for sale....
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

Some food for thought for proponents of no-return policies:

Suppose you are a buyer and you purchase a $2000 instrument. The instrument's condition is as represented by the seller. But . . .
  3. Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

Good advice.

Not many cases where I would buy under those conditions. I've been a seller of various items over many years, and I only sell with the return option. As a buyer, I have purchased...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

One is, indeed, #75316, the other one is #75318.
  5. Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

Not to derail from the original question, but yes, eBay's buyer protection will protect your money. But, it is at the expensive of the seller, if I may explain...

As a longtime, 20+ years, 4000+...
  6. Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

There is a 1994 signed by Bruce Weber in the classifieds at the moment for a little bit less...

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/149330#149330

Seems that the Derrington signed one is in the...
  7. Re: Flatiron, A-5 Artist Mandolin 1997 Thoughts?

Tuners are exactly the same as the Lark Street one. The tailpiece was replaced. It should be a cold-plated standard stamped tailpiece with Flatiron engraved like the one on Lark Street's. Ebay seller...
  8. Replies
    Views

I don't know whether or not it has an effect on the market value, but the tailpiece and possibly the tuners on the ebay mandolin have been changed. To some people, the Derrington label might be...
  9. Replies
    Views

Fabulous price for essentially a MM Gibson if it is legit with no issues. I don’t know enough to tell from the pictures but maybe someone does? “No returns” is worrisome.

I had an A5 artist...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Worm Over F style tuners

Just a basic question (out of ignorance):

If you swap worm-under-tuners from one side to the other side of the headstock, you will have to turn them around/over. Does that give you...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Chinese made Northfield

If it is a good sounding mandolin, I don't think where it is made should matter.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Safe buying on Reverb?

We need to make an observation here, then we'll butt out.

The official position is the Cafe has no problem with Reverb as a service. We allow people to link to their Reverb sales as we do Craig's...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: TKL Mandolins (TheMandoShop)

I guess we all have had an experience or three where we were disappointed with a set-up, build, or a transaction. I know I had a bad experience with a builder here, plus a poor or non set-up by one...
  14. Re: Have new CA bridge installed by luthier - expert opinion need

Okay, it looks like we are about to enter Phase Two of this ordeal. I just sent the replacement bridge to Roman. I forgot that it was originally a bit of a custom bridge, having a mandola bridge...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Question.

I have a great admiration for the Northfield F 5S. The pinstripe around the headstock is very classy and the fit and finish scream quality. It's the kind of impression you get picking up an MT. So...
  16. Replies
    Views

Absolutely not true. Even the high end Kentucky mandolins are built in a factory. Northfield mandolins are made from US sourced woods in a very small shop in China. Their shop in China isn't much...
  17. Replies
    Views

Categorically untrue.

Not a shred of fact in that rumour.

Totally different operations in scale, ownership and just about everything else.
  18. Replies
    Views

There are several potentially unwarranted assumptions in your post. One presumption of yours is that Chinese manufacturers are exclusively using tonewoods from China. Some of them use tonewoods...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Red Diamond Oval on Ebay

You gotta admit - for $19K - the sound clip in the video is... priceless
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Ordering from Mel Bay

You don't have the same Federally-mandated fraud protections on a debit card that you have on a credit card. Random selection from a web search:...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: What if?

First of all, I commend you for grabbing hold of your boot straps and doing what you have to do to support yourself. (And don’t worry. I’m not going to hijack this thread to editorialize on what I...
  22. Re: This 1970 Paganoni is now as old as a '23 Loar was in 1970

Here ya go....
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: eBay buyer and goods not received

For the most part this has been my experience. If I don't meet the truck I know the mail lady brings it to my door, if it's too big to put in the box. She also knocks hard. I also know she...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Leoswood Armrest

If this is true then great. I'll still never deal with him again. Horrible experience and possibly the worst customer service that I've ever dealt with. Finally paypal recovered my refund. He ignored...
  25. Re: Thinking of getting a Pava Satin A-5 but....

Ah! Ebony & Ivory.
Page 1 of 2 1 2